4.01.2010

Mama, this one's for you.

...
..Happy Birthday
to
My One and Only
MOM!
...
She's like 43 (or something) today.
...
...
If you know me, then you know my mom.
And you know that I am one lucky sap.
.......
You see, I might die without my mom.
(see here, I've said this before)
...
Writing a post about her is like writing her a "Thank You" note.
Impossible to cover it all.
...
...
u But, here's a start.
A list of all things Jackie.
...
...
If you want the funniest texting sequence of your life...text my mom.
Bar none the. funniest. texter. ever.
......
My mom can rock it with the best of them.
Bet if you've ever driven with her, it hasn't been a quiet ride.
I can't even get started on her love for Tom Petty.
(hence the song tribute on the blog today)
...
...
...
....
..
No matter the occasion, or even if there is no real occasion, I'd like to clone whatever my mom is wearing and replace my rags for it.
Consider it a daily prayer to look like her when I'm her age.
Or now.
......
...
She has the most wicked sense of humor.
The fact that she uses the word "Tits" as an adjective to describe things that are awesome pretty much says it all.
How many text replies do I get a week from her with that simple 4 letter word?
8.
I just counted.
......
...
Growing up, she had a cut out picture of John Black from Days of Our Lives hanging in the spice cupboard.
Genius.
We still talk pretty much daily about the happenings on the show like the people are part of our family.
...
...
.
.....
My mom is the eternal optimist.
Always looks on the bright side.
Never dwells on the negative.
..
....
She deserves the Grandma of the Year Award.
Can't even explain all that she does for her grandkids.
Just trust me.
You'd be more than impressed.
...
...
......
She has an obsession with white t-shirts.
She might own like 298,493 of them.
I could be wearing a brand new one and hers would still look more perfectly crisp and white.
...
......
She is the epitome of class and style.
Not only the way she presents herself, but in the way she keeps her house, and the way she throws a party.
Always put together, perfectly.
Sisters, has she ever worn anything with a wrinkle?
Didn't think so.
It really is a gift.
...
......
Growing up, she was always friends with our friends.
She made our house the house everyone wanted to hang out at.
She wrote Brett every week on his mission for heaven's sake.
......
She is the most selfless person I know.
Add thoughtful to that, too.
Oh, and generous.
Quite the combo.
..
....
Now that I have Jack, I find myself trying to be the mom she was to me.
Everything down to the way I rock him and pat his back.
Rub. Rub. Pat. Pat.
I want to sound like her when I sing to him.
Rock-a-bye- don't- you-cry.
I'm sure when he can sit in the front seat with me, I'll always reach my hand over to block him when I come to a quick stop.
She still does that to me, even now.
(this picture is too classic not to post again)
When we go to Disneyland, I'll be the one to hold the tickets, chapstick, and bandaids.
Anything he needs. I'll have it.
Just like she always did.
Just like she always does.
.. No one on this planet could replace her.
She's my mom.
And she's perfect.
...
I can only hope Jack feels about me the way I feel about her.
Complete adoration.
...
I love you, mom.
(even in 1988 in a sweet neon blue and black one piece ski suit!)
...
I couldn't ask for a better mom or friend.
......
Happy Birthday!
...
.
Wait!
Jack says it better...
...
xoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Annie said...

Oh sis...all I had to hear was Tom this morning to get in the spirit of mom's birthday. Such an adorable tribute, funny yet tender...perfect. I will be the happiest 57 year old in the world if my kids love me as much as we love mom. I also try to copy things she did when I was little but for some reason she just seems to do it better. She has such grace and ease in everything she does.
I can't imagine my life without mom in it. There couldn't be a more perfect mom in the world for me.
Days totally needs to bring John Black back...just sayin'.

huggin said...

I will follow this posting with an amen! Your mom is by far the most stylish person that I know. What an amazing shot out. If my mom was not my mom, I am 100% sure that I would want your mom to be mine!

Unknown said...

if you think she is a good mother, you should be lucky enough sometime in your lives to have a daughter just like her. How lucky Karl and I are to have had her in our lives.....you all know how much he loved her, her example for the other kids.
How would I ever GOTTON along without her these passed months. She is always the one I can call and get answers, and help,and I can always depend on her for a good shopping spree!
Happy Birthday to me sweet baby girl. Your mom loves you!
jt

Robyn Cox said...

Great post Sarah! I love Jackie too. Just like you are lucky to have her, she is just as lucky to have you three girls! Those are some super pictures you posted!

Jessie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKIE!!! Darling post, Sar. Next time you're at your mom's snag one of her white tee's for me. I'm in need of a new one. And hers do always look brand new! Happy Birthday again Jackie. Hope your day is just tits! :)

Lou said...

Miss Jack...Happy Birthday to you! Even though I miss Wank on a daily basis, I secretly miss you too. I always tell Sar to give you a shout out. This post was a perfect tribute to one cool lady.

Celebrate!