3.29.2010

Jack Meets the Fire Department

...
...
I apologize if you were in Lehi today and were in need of a fireman.
...
They were busy.
...
Being entertained by my son.
...
...
We were checking out at the grocery store, and behind us in line appeared to be every firefighter in the city. I was unloading the cart, while Jack sat in the front. By the time I got a few items on the counter, I could see Jack bouncing, waving his arms, and laughing hysterically. ...
......
Apparently he digs firemen....
...
I watched while 8 or so grown men fell apart while they watched and played with him.
Jack was gut laughing so hard, I swear he had tears.
This went on for at least 5 minutes.
At one point I heard one shout,
"Hey Jim, you've got to get over here and see this kid!"
I'm pretty sure I caught one of them with their cell phone camera out.
...
We were starting to make a real scene.
...
I went to pay and left Jack with his new pals, and I swear they were practically discussing being Facebook friends. Jack's new posse put a "Future Fireman Badge" sticker on his shirt, and he sauntered out of the place with a cool high five to the guys like he owned the place.
...
...
Between this, the fact that Jack had to be taken out of church yesterday due to his uncontrollable case of the giggles, and these pictures I caught Jack taking of himself on my laptop self timer this afternoon... this kid's a total party!
Such a happy, hilarious little pup.
And in case you were wondering...the Lehi Fire Department will be cooking a turkey tonight and will be using the leftovers for sandwiches tomorrow.
Jack told me so.

4 comments:

Annie said...

His laughter is not normal for a baby I swear! He has the power to make me do ANYTHING to get a good giggle out of him. What a happy little kid! Love his mug!

huggin said...

I love that he knows how to use the self-timer. Such a prodigy. But what I love more than anything is that he had to taken out of church for excessive giggling!! I thought I was the only one who had to excuse myself for not being able to control my laughter in a church setting! Also the biting the lower lip picture is too cute... those cheeks need to be squozen!

Um can Jack get a facebook account so that he and I can be friends?

Lou said...

OK Wank. Now I need to hear the laugh. I'm so jealous that everyone else gets to enjoy the giggles except Auntie Lou. Please bless we can work it out so I can see you soon. He is so stinkin cool. No wonder he's out of control happy...he stares at you all day. (oh, get cuter Lou!)

P.S. His eyes are to die for.
P.S. again...I got teary on your little niece's voice. So sweet. I felt weird leaving a comment on their blog, so I'll leave one on yours. I feel better that way. Don't worry that I blog stalk them..it just makes me closer to you.

P.S. again. Did you change the look of your blog? Looks nice. I would notice. That's how many times I check it. Again, don't worry about it.

Jessie said...

Oh, for a minute I thought that Jack had invited the fire dept. over to your house for turkey. That's probably next week. And maybe Jack could come over later and help me figure out how to use my scanner. That would be great. Thanks!