3.02.2010

Brett.

There are countless reasons I feel lucky to be married to Brett.
....
The following dialogue is one such reason.
...
(Last night during the 56 hour Bachelor finale)
...
7:00
Brett: "Obviously Tenley would be the better choice. (With hand raised, counting the reasons on his fingers). She comes from a good family, has good morals, she's hotter than Vienna, and she is really nice."
...
Me: patting his knee, "Yeah, Brett."
...
8:00
Brett: "Man, Jake really is ripped. Look at those washboard abs."
...
Me: silent in awe.
...
8:30
Brett: "Oh, I see. He's not attracted to her. That is a problem. Not going to work.
Nevermind, I hate Tenley. I really get Jake.
...
9:45
...(As I'm fast forwarding through the live performance of "On the Wings of Love.")
...
Brett: "Wait! What are you doing?! Rewind!!!!"
....
..
Enough said.
...
...
I really did score with that one...
...
POST EDIT:
I felt that Brett's comment to this post was worth adding to the post itself:
Blogger Brett Dee said...

I feel I must comment in my defense. Like the rest of America I fell prey to Jake's charm, and washboard abs....and if that makes me less of a man then so be it! Jake, you broke my heart (and Tennly's and Gia's, Ally can get bent) I hope you and Vienna die in a plane crash on your way to get her crossed eyes fixed. -Love, Brett

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel I must comment in my defense. Like the rest of America I fell prey to Jake's charm, and washboard abs....and if that makes me less of a man then so be it! Jake, you broke my heart (and Tennly's and Gia's, Ally can get bent) I hope you and Vienna die in a plane crash on your way to get her crossed eyes fixed.
-Love,
Brett

Annie said...

Although the Bachelor isn't in our reality t.v. rotation...Randy and I have watched our fair share of matchmaking shows. Rock of Love, Rock of Love Bus, Daisy of Love, Flavor of Love, I Love New York, For the Love of Ray J, and Real Chance of Love to name a few have all been discussed at length by Randy. He was always shocked when the couples didn't stay together. Did I just admit to watching all those terrible shows? Oh, and I thought you were taking word verification off so my robot could comment...

Jessie said...

You did find a catch in Brett! I only caught bits and pieces of bachelor this year but from what I saw all I can say is VIENNA MUST DIE!!! I guess I'll keep Aus around. While he refuses to watch the Bachelor, you can't peel him away from Rock of Love! Tell Brett to get excited! DWTS starts soon! Go Pam Anderson!

joanne said...

Those shows are all set up, not real, none of the Participants give a you know what about anybogy but themselves. That is what they are selling. Themselves!! NoBODY, gets married, nobody stays togehter. You are all being duped!
Watch a tennis match or go bowling. That is reality.
Grandma grump.
No, I do not watch these stupid shows...the clips they show on other programs are enough

joanne said...

Sorry about the incorrect spelling, and I really do sound grumpy...but all I am saying is true. I got my info from someone in Hollywood, who really, really knows the TRUTH, and the truth will make you change the channel!
jt

Lou said...

I thought I was the only one with the guilty pleasure of watching that stupid show. For some reason though, I found myself recording it every Monday...I don't want to admit my hubby watching it with me, however, he might have said the same comments about Vienna...

Brett, this is a shout out, KUDOS to you, my friend. I think you're MORE of man for knowing their names, singing "On the Wings of Love", (admit it, you sang it all night long), and then blogging about it. It makes me so proud that my BBBBFFFFFFFF married you.

Lou said...

So,
I want to comment again.

How cool was this post? Totally cool.

Did I mention I'm staying with my Mother-in-law this weekend, that ummmmmmmmm, lives less than a mile away from you? Meet me at the cemetery.

hayleyrowan said...

tell grandma to watch monday night when Jason and Molly get MARRIED, yeah that's right what is she going to say about that. I knew he would pick Vienna. They always pick the ones I hate. How long was that freaking show by the way.

Bianca said...

look at all these comments. i updated my facebook status for once in my life about this too, and everyone wanted to comment there also. strange.

or not strange, because we all seem to be investing a lot of time to these shows. whatever happened to the reality shows that showed lots of REAL T&A, not just fantasy sweets, and were only a half hour long so we could watch marathons of them and feel like we're getting more for our time.

oh wait, i do watch those too, but they're just on Bravo, E!, VH1, and MTV.

greg has also been singing on the wings of love.

and i agree. ally/i, however you spell it, can get bent.

lots to say. hope to see you soon.