2.24.2010

I'll take twenty-six.

(this picture is for you...as you pretend the snow outside is not falling)
...
..Tuesday I turned 26.
...
And it was pretty sweet.
...
Yeah, yeah. I know I'm beginning the end of my twenties...but, I had way too much fun celebrating to feel old about it.
...
...
A Breakdown of My Celebrating:
(I forgot my camera for over 1/2 of it, but I will still manage to post 999 pictures. It's my birthday. I can.)
...
The festivities started Friday night when Brett's family had a get together at the Jones home for me.
Michelle, Adam, and their adorable kids, along with Brett's mom and dad surely didn't lack in the effort area.
We had a delicious dinner, divine cake, and as usual...a really great time hanging out with them. On top of that, they gave really sweet presents.
Michelle gave me this book... have you heard of it? I'm hooked.
...
*INSERT PICTURE HERE OF ME AND BRETT'S GORGEOUS FAMILY.*
...
Monday night, Brett arranged for my mom to watch Jack and he took me to Sundance for dinner and then we went to a movie.
We don't go out alone very often.
Maybe because it's usually pretty easy to just take Jack, or because we are sort of in love with being home, or because I might have a little problem with separating myself from Jack.
Nonetheless, it was a much needed night and we had an absolute blast.
THE ONLY 2 PICTURES WE TOOK.
As you can see, we take the goofball approach when we finally get out.
SCARY.
...
...
Tuesday, I woke up to Brett and Jack making me breakfast while I basked in the glory of a whole bunch of new duds (what a surprise!).
jack couldn't have been happier playing with my balloons.
..
...
Later, I went to lunch with my mom, Jack, Annie and her boys, and my Grandma Joanne.
We had a lovely time yelling over our kids.
Of course we did.
It's always a lovely time with this crowd.
Unfortunately Kate had to work...she was surely missed & I was so glad she could make it to the party later.
...
...
I came home to Brett taking half of the day off to stay home with me.
Jack surprised me with the lovely tulips above...my favorite flower, how did he know?
That evening, we met up with the entire fam at Cafe El Lago for dinner.
Let me tell you, between dinner at Sundance the night before, a giant breakfast, lunch out with the girls, and now a huge dinner...I was feeling it.
Considering eating hasn't been a favorite pastime of mine for months...my belly was feeling it.
the dinner gang
(i don't think the right side of the table got the memo to smile)
adorable grandparents.
kate & isabel
...
After dinner, we came back to my house for dessert and presents.
...
my little family...
mom, annie, kate, grandma joanne, me & my permanent appendage
isabel, me, lucy, and hankster
annie and i looking scary...and a little too fond of eachother
I got so many great and generous gifts.
Let it be known...I am entirely spoiled.
(as you can see below)
This loot is a combo of presents I acquired from my mom and sisters.
Annie gave me the fab shoes.
Kate the adorable necklace and sweater.
Mom/Dad, the AMAZING bag + necklace + flowers + life
...
...
It was such a great day...sunny...new clothes to make me feel springy...perfect company...etc!
I have nothing but love for you, 26.
Nothing but love.
...
Thank you everyone who called/texted/left cupcakes/flowers/etc.
You know who you are and I love you for thinking of me.
...
Thanks to my family...my birthday was amazing because of every one of you!
......
I think I especially enjoyed 26 because of this little love.
Trust me.
A squeeze of these cheeks and a gaze into these baby blues tops just about any present out there.
...

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a great birthday. I'm so glad. Happy Birthday!!!!

maggie said...

Glad you had a good birthday sar! I may have to whip out some sweet pics from Jr. high in honor of your 26 years!!!!
:)

huggin said...

Happy Birthday! Can i just say that that picture of you with the nieces and nephews I feel like Isabel could be your child... or your sister. Your sweet face looks so stinkin young. I unfortunately looked a mother of a 15 year old on my 26th. I adored all your gifts, but that's to be expected.

Also Jack should probably wear that blue plaid shirt of his on his first date... his eyes are unreal. Although it probably wasn't wise of me to bring up Jack some day dating, I'm just saying.

Jessie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Glad you had such a great day! Loving your presents, by the way! Make sure to enjoy the next few birthdays cause 30's the pits. :)

Jessie said...

Geez Annie! It's not like you to be the 5th comment. You're really slacking!

Annie said...

I'm a total slacker!! Oh man so sorry...you know it's a bad day when it's 9:41 p.m. and I just barely cracked open the old puter. I'm glad our hubbies had a night out together...so romantic. Brett opened the doors for Randy and everything. Your birthday celebration was fantastic other than the fact I had to take Max out in public twice! Is it just me or do I look totally creepy in every picture? What is wrong with my face? You on the other hand look adorable...better than ever. I never asked you how your body reacted to major food overload. The Schlagg always messes with my gut...but it's sooooooooooooooooooo good! Love you man...see my latest blog post if you forgot. Please forgive me for being comment #6...gasp...the horror!

Lou said...

Looks like a GREAT day--you deserve it, of course--but we'll keep celebrating when I hit Utah County...

PEACE

hayleyrowan said...

happy to hear you had such a great time! hope the cupcake was yummy!

melimba said...

you look good in 26!
it suits you just beautifully! :)
sounds like it was a lot of fun!
hApPy BeLatEd bIrThdAy!

Nelson Family said...

WHAT, I missed your birthday. I'm so sorry!!! Happy belated birthday!! It sounds like you have a wonderful day. Love you and i wish we were there to celebrate your birthday.

Michelle said...

Love your birthday post Sarah! Glad you had a good day and extra glad we got to share a little bit of it with you. Let me know when you finish the book...can't wait to discuss!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks