2.02.2010

Celebrating Hank: Pool Style

....
....Our little Hank turned 5 today.
...
(do you like how I call him "Our Hank?"
I swear he's close to being mine...just let me pretend.)
...
To ring in the big 5, we got our swim on at the Legacy Center at a cousins birthday party.
...
Other than my offensive lack of a tan & semi-offensive cleavage, this was a genius idea.
What a way to make me feel like it's not dead in the middle of winter.
...
Jack had an absolute blast. Last summer he was brand new and a bit small for the pool, so this was his first legit experience in the pool. I had a feeling he'd eat it up...and I was right.
2 straight hours of kicking, splashing, being splashed, and one completely ecstatic bambino.
...
(Thanks for the picture taking, mom!)
...
Now, back to the birthday boy...
Seriously...how cool is this kid?
Look at those tattoos!
The one on his chest says MOM. Perfect.
...
My conversation with Annie today sums it up perfectly.
"When did we become moms at a pool for one of our kids'
5 YEAR BIRTHDAY PARTY?"
...
I cannot believe Hank is 5.
I am so lucky that by default in spending a great deal of my spare time with his mom, I get to spend time with him, too.
Hank is the perfect mix of making me laugh hysterically and making me want to break down and cry because he is so incredibly cute and sweet.
Oh, how I love this mug! And Jack couldn't be more crazy about him...already the best of friends!
...
(See why I love this kid?)
Hank,
Thanks for sharing your mom with me. Thanks for teaching me how to play 4 wheelers and for not making fun of me when I can't do tricks on the tramp.
....
Coolest new 5 year old I know!
And you throw one tight birthday party!
Love you, my little pal.
....
Happy Birthday, Buddy!
...

6 comments:

Annie said...

That last picture has left me speechless! Why have I never seen it? The eyeliner and beard need to come out more often apparently. Thanks for this little tribute to my sweet boy. Of course you would do a birthday post before his own mother. Hank is so lucky to have you in his life. It is honestly the coolest thing ever being so involved with each others kids. Thanks for enduring the marathon birthday party with Jack. It wouldn't have been the same without your mugs. Love you!

hayleyrowan said...

jack in that little wet suit playing in the water is too cute. i can't believe he loved it so much. what a stud. was the water warm? and i'm giving you major props for putting a swimming suit on 7 months after having a baby, i hope i'll be able to wear one again someday... hanks a sweetheart that's for sure.

huggin said...

For starters YOU look amazing. I am pretty sure that I have not had a child, that I know of, and you look way better then I do in a bathing suit.

Also I might have to blow up that first picture of Jack and use it as my desktop background because his little face is far too precious.

Also you are super lucky that you get to spend time with the one and only Hankster on his 5th birthday and pretty much every other day.

Great post

Robyn Cox said...

Oh, the swimming looks like so much fun! I am longing to get out of the house and get some physical activity. I may just have to leave Andy home with the baby for a few hours while I take the others swimming over at the college this weekend! Jack is adorable! It is so fun when they start to enjoy the simple things in life...like swimming with cousins. And yes, I agree with the previous posts....you do look amazing. You and Annie are the cutest moms alive!

Unknown said...

So fun! But I'm disappointed that you didn't get any pics of your offensive cleavage. Jack's head is perfectly placed in every pic to hide any peeking cleavage. Such a good boy! Glad you guys had such a good time.

Unknown said...

Oops sorry! That is not my dad posting about your cleavage. It's me, Jessie, but I'm at work on my dad's computer. Yes, It's a really busy day at work!