1.30.2010

You're a Good Day, January 30th

...
If you were born on January 30th, chances are you're a pretty awesome person.
...
In addition to a really great cousin and a few of my most adorable students being born on this day, 2 of my absolute favorite people in this world celebrate a birthday on this day as well.
...
...
Lucy Jane Ross
My adorable little pal turns 9 today.
...
9. Really?
......
It seems like just yesterday I got to be your aunt-nanny several times a week, and I'd secretly pretend like you were mine because you were so incredibly darling.
...
Good news for you is that you're still just as incredibly darling.
Well, beautiful might be the better word.
(she even looks gorgeous in her Halloween costume...as proven above)
...
You're good at everything you do and I love watching you do it.
...
There will always be a special spot for you in my heart, Luce.
...
Happy Birthday, Pal!
...
...
...
And then there is this amazing lady.
My sweet mother- in- law.
...(I've tried for way to long to get this picture bigger...just pretend it's as big as I intended)
...
This is pretty much the only woman in this world who I know could watch 4 small children, prepare an exquisite meal for the masses, and coordinate service efforts for an entire neighborhood all at the same time.
...
I know she could do it because I've seen her do it...like a million times.
...
This woman is incredible.
...
So lucky to have her in our lives as a mom, mother-in-law, and grandma.
...
She sets the bar high with her example and I love her for it.
...
Happy Birthday, Laurel!
One day hopefully we can all repay you for you service to us as gracefully as you have always served us (and everyone else)!
...
...
Not only am I grateful that these girls were born...I'm particularly glad for the excuse to have a celebration.
After January being the longest most dull month in the history of months...I'm ready for some paaarrrties!
...
Thank you, January 30th.
You really delivered.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Beat cha, Annie!!! Cute post Sarah and Happy Birthday Lucy!

Annie said...

Ahhhh sucker! Freaking Jessie beat me to the punch. Birthday parties are sweet, any excuse to get my bowl on is a great day. Sweet little Lucy...man time flies. I remember the day she was born so vividly. I was sitting in Dr. Arzola's pharmacology class when mom called to tell me Lucy was here. I was totally wearing overalls that day. What a beautiful little girl she was/is. Love her little mug.

laurelbjones said...

Hey Sarah, I tried to post a comment but I don't think it went through. Anyway, I wanted to say I am thrilled to be on your blog and I feel so important for you to say all those nice things about me. Of course the feeling is mutual. Thank you for all the goodies you brought to my birthday party - I will gain back the 2 pounds I have lost since Christmas plus about 2 more. But they sure are good. I am so glad you married Brett (you two are the best couple) and you are such a good mommy to Jack (He is the cutest thing) I love you.
Love, Mom Jones

Lou said...

Wank. Time goes too fast. I remember when Mrs. Ross (yes, I call her Mrs. Ross) had little Baby Doll Lucy. I felt so old then.

P.S. Made the Wank Shake this weekend. It brought back warmth to my soul, but didn't do yours justice.