1.17.2010

Comprehension

...
...
There are certain things that I find hard to comprehend.
...
Time, space, gravity, hot dogs, how babies survive the whole birthing process, etc.
...
Lately, I am having a particularly hard time comprehending a life without my grandpa in it.
I always imagined that it wouldn't be easy when this time would come, and I was right.
However, I still find myself grateful throughout it all.
Grateful that he was mine for 25 important years life.
The pain I feel is a direct reflection of the level of a relationship we had.
In a (simple) word, it was great.
As great as it could be.
...
This week...
has been a really hard week.
...
We had my grandpa's funeral, and despite the absolute devastation of having to have a funeral, it was really nice. So amazing to celebrate his incredible life and see the droves of people surround our family in support and love and adoration for our grandpa.
...
* A personal thank you to all of you who sent emails, cards, texts, etc. etc.
...
...
Jack came down with his second ear infection within a month in the midst of it all.
...
The weather has been foggy and dark and yucky. Boo for January in Utah.
...
Let's just say I've had a rough time this week keeping my resolution of loving every day.
...
But, I'm not giving up on my resolution yet. I feel even more determined than ever to keep it.
...
Thanks to these little mugs and this hilarious picture, it makes it easy to smile and remember just how good life really is.
THE most perfect picture....ever.
Jack, Lucy, Max, Hank, Isabel
...
...
Here's to a better week!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi sarah,

I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard losing someone your close to. ANyway, it was really random but right after I read this post I came accross this link about your grandpa. So strange. I am not sure if you have read this but I thought it might lift your spirits. hang in there. http://cjaneprovo.blogspot.com/2010/01/karl-tucker.html

Rachel said...

Oh I just read the comments... look like you did see it! Well, it's the thought that counts right??

Jessie said...

I need that picture blown up and put on my fridge! How could you have a bad day after looking at those little rats! Hope this week is better for you. Hang in there! I love you!

Annie said...

Amen sister! Here's to a better week and moving out of Utah until April. I love you!

hayleyrowan said...

i felt so bad when your mom told me about jack, that's not fun at all. i love that picture, everyone is being so silly except jack looks perfect! so cute.

Anonymous said...

Shaw, I am so sorry for the rough month you have had. I hope you are doing alright. It is so hard to lose someone you love so much. I'll be thinking about you.