2.10.2010

Wednesday Thinking

First things first.
...
There's another birthday worth celebrating!
Today is one of my very best friends, Lou's, birthday.
...
Lou and I go back to the days of 7th grade, went on to be college roommates, are both old moms now...and continue to be great friends.
Lou is just the kind of friend everyone should have.
I'm quite sure we've never had a fight.
We always have fun together.
We are all sorts of different, but so much the same.
She makes me pee my pants with laughter pretty much every time we're together.
And, no matter how much time goes by without seeing each other, things are always just.the.same.
...
If you don't have a friend like Lou, you've got to get one.
...
Happy Birthday, Lou!
Sure love you and I WILL COME DOWN there... promise.
Hope you have the best day!
...
...
On another note, Wednesdays are usually quite uneventful around here.
I tend to get to thinking on Wednesdays.
I started thinking about Jack's spinal surgery this morning as I read the words of several parents with children struggling for their health.
...
As I read their words, I remember the fear.
We were lucky enough to have a relatively smooth surgery with Jack.
4 days at Primary Children's and then we were home and done.
...
Many of these people have children in these situations for a very long time, due to accidents, illness, or complications at birth. No matter their circumstance, by heart goes out to them and in a small way, I can sympathize.
One particular child who occupies a lot of my thoughts is my sweet niece, Ella.
Ella was born on November 2nd.
...
...
She is the daughter of my sister-in-law Tiffany and her husband Chris and she was diagnosed at birth with a very rare syndrome called Cornelia de Lange Syndrome.
...
With this syndrome can come a complexity of serious mental and physical issues, some of which she has already had to experience in her very young life.
She has been in the hospital for over three months since her arrival.
...
In their efforts to help Ella develop to her fullest potential and in hopes of being able to bring her home, they must do an exploratory surgery tomorrow in order to try and solve some of her feeding problems.
...
This sweet family has already endured so much.
Tiffany and Chris are such amazing parents and Ella is so lucky to have them and her sweet siblings.
They could use your prayers.
They definitely have mine, as well as my love.
...
...
I've felt the need to hold Jack particularly tight today (poor kid can hardly breathe).
...
I'm so lucky and so glad to be home today with this mug.
So lucky.
...
...

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wait, I thought her name was Stephanie? Happy Birthday Lou! I think the reason you have so much time to ponder on Wednesday is because your best friend is working all day. I think about your sweet little niece all the time. I will most definitely include her in my prayers. I need a Jack fix stat! Let's do lunch tomorrow...oh wait you work...ugh. We need to quit our jobs asap.

Jessie said...

Annie can't quit her job cause her OTHER best friend would be all alone at work!!! My thoughts and prayers are with your in-laws. I can't imagine how hard that must be. We are all so blessed to have such healthy kids! Hurry, knock on wood! Jack's cheeks are adorable, by the way!

hayleyrowan said...

I look on their blog quite often, breaks my heart. she seems so sweet.

Lou said...

Wank. Did you ever get my THANK YOU comment? What the heck? It's not showing up on here, and it's breaking my little heart to think that you didn't get a thank you for my sweet birthday shout out. You're the coolest.

I HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST BEST BEST CELEBRATION EVER. YOU ARE NOW 26, AND THAT JUST FEELS OLD. I'M COMING UP IN 2 TWO WEEKS, I WILL BE ON YOUR FRONT PORCH, AND WE'LL BE TAKING EACH OTHER TO LUNCH FOR OUR BIRTHDAYS.
LOVE YOU.