10.04.2009

Total Canyon People

We took a little ride up the Loop to see the leaves and take our minds off of the upcoming week.
*****
It was gorge.
*****
Loved it.
*****
Note:
The title of my blog is a total inside joke between Brett and I.
People in high school would self-proclaim themselves as
'canyon people.'
It's not so much that we find humor in people in high school that hung in the canyon.
Heaven knows we spent our fair share of time in the canyon (however, I think a more appropriate title for Brett and I would be "make out people").
*****
But, it's this title one would give themselves as a 'canyon person' in an effort to prove their originality that we find so humorous.
Is there such a think as being original in high school, really?
*****
A canyon person would:
Make sweet mix tapes.
Go up the canyon to talk about deep stuff.
Be one with nature vs. caring about high school stuff.
*****
After this weekend, we're such canyon people.
**********
Sweeeeet.
*****
On our way up the canyon...
This kid is never happy. Never smiles.*****
Canyon Person in the Making
Jack may or may not ever close his mouth.
Jack was on the lookout for bears.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Holy Curt Wankier, Jack! He looks exactly like dad, it's killing me. I am totally not a canyon person after my whole appendicitis episode.

hayleyrowan said...

you little AF -ers loved the canyon... what am I saying I spent more time with the Cavemen / Lone Peak Knights than my own highschool friends... and i'm pretty sure there were a few nights up the canyon! ps i like jack's vest.