10.08.2009

Day 3

Yesterday went smoothly.
...
We had another good night.
...
Just before bed, we noticed a rash on Jack's face and back (see picture below), and because of a concern of a drug allergy, the doctor had him start on Benedryl. After a couple of hours his rash was cleared up, and now they're just watching it closely.
...
He woke to eat and get his meds, but other than that, had a great night.
...
The neurosurgery team came by early this morning to find a very active and playful Jack. We're all predicting an early crawler! His incision is healing very well and his pain control is good. Still haven't seen Dr. Kestle this morning, but expect him to be by in the next few hours.
...
Jack is still doing so well with his positioning restrictions, and within a few hours, if the risk of spinal fluid leaking is gone, we can pick him up like normal again. He's off of an IV, and is only hooked to monitors that continue to check his vitals.
...
We are still in the same room (3009), and have wonderful nurses.
...
Some pictures from the last 24 hours....
/////
Getting ready to be probed and washed...
(such a combo!)
Tired??
Jack and his crib posse...
"What the *@$ % happened to me?"
I am obsessed with Jack's new look of no clothes.
Mainly because of this awesome bicep!
Spine surgery and still content.

6 comments:

Robyn Cox said...

I'm so glad things are going well. He is a trooper! And so are you and Brett! You will all be home soon -- hang in there. He sure is a sweet little baby. I bet you are dying to hold, squeeze, and love on him. Take care-

Annie said...

Brett didn't tell me about the rash! I'm glad it's getting better and I agree Jack needs to never wear clothes again.

hayleyrowan said...

those pictures break my heart. so glad he's on the mend.

Lyssa Beth said...

What a trooper! He is seriously a tough little guy and glad that he's healing well. Love those biceps :)

Jenny said...

I am sorry I haven't commented earlier but I am soooooo glad that things went well with little Jack! I don't even know him and I love him! I'm sure it's been pretty stressful for you but I hope that you are doing better every day! :) Love ya Timma!

Jessie said...

Way to go Jack! We are all so proud of you! Hang in there Brett and Sarah. We love you!