2.24.2011

Golden Girl

So...yesterday I turned the big 2-7.
Sure...
these senoritas are all my age
...
but I swear I feel a little more like these lovely ladies...
Especially Sophia.
...
I will tell you, however, that even if I feel like an old turd...
I had quite a time celebrating this year!
...
As usual, I got to celebrate under multiple circumstances.
Saturday, I spent the day with my sis's, mom, and grandma Joanne.
We shopped, ate (a lot), and soaked up some time with just us.
It's pretty much the best way to ring in a birthday.
... ...
Later that night, we partied it up Jones style with Brett's parents and Michelle's family up in Alpine.
Laurel cooked a fabulous dinner, Michelle brought the most amazing Coldstone cake, we played games, watched movies, and they spoiled me as always.
,,,
I'm so mad that I didn't get any pics of this day. Boo!
...
Monday night, Brett-Jack-and I did some early birthday shopping and Brett treated me to all new bedding.
A lovely gift indeed.
...
Wednesday morning, I awoke to Brett singing a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday as he stood in our doorway with this adorable tray of breakfast.
It was my first breakfast in bed.
He did not disappoint.
Blueberry pancakes with whipped cream, scrambled eggs, orange juice.
Vwaaaalaaaa!
Check out that pretty princess 5 minutes into her birthday.
,,,
Brett informed me he was staying home for the day, and it really was the best present he could've given me! Jack and I were in heaven.
Not to mention...he also gave me a banging pair of new sunglasses and an adorable cardigan.
He never disappoints.
......
I took my time getting ready, and then we did what everyone does on their birthday...
we took Jack to the church so he could play basketball in the gym!
(quite possibly the only perk of being scout master means
Brett has a key to the church... fancy!)
....
You see...Jack is OBSESSED with the gym at the church.
So, we spent the morning hooping it up.
........
Don't think for one minute that I didn't get in on the action, either.
Brett and I had quite a game of PIG.
That's right, I teach PE.
......
We grabbed smoothies for lunch since we were still full from our divine breakfast.
,,,...
I came home to a delivery of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen in my life.
From...who else?
My mom, of course.
She really is too much.
...
This picture doesn't even come close to showing how gorgeous they are.
...
We had a lazy afternoon and stressed about the current state of the Jazz and watched all the coverage on D-Willey's trade.
....
Then we got ready for round 2...getting our party on with my family.
...
On our way...we were picking up my grandma, and Jack was acting a bit fickle in the back seat. I crawled back to make sure he wasn't having a strange reaction to the Peanut Butter M & M he ate before we left. It would be just my luck for him to have an allergic reaction to peanut butter.
...
Well...luck would have it...there was no allergic reaction...just a lovely episode of throw up right as we were pulling into grandma's driveway.
It only happens on holidays and special occasions, I'm telling you.
And this became a really special occasion fast.
...
Kind of a disaster.
...
Of course, it was the ONE time in my life I didn't have a full change of clothes for Jack.
We stripped him down to a clean undershirt, scoured his carseat...beckoned grandma Jackie to swing by our house for clothes, and we were off!
...
We met up with our family at Bajio in PG, and Jack was completely unfazed by the fact he was nearly rocking his birthday suit in the middle of winter.
/..
The high tops were a perfect touch.
...
Luckily, he showed no other signs of being sick the rest of the night, and nearly out-ate us all.
Oh...and I learned a new recipe for getting the lovely milk throw up smell out of a carseat...so that in itself was a birthday gift.
...
This might be the worst picture ever...
but, it's proof that people love me and came to my party.
...
,,,
,,,..
After dinner, we came back to my house for presents and cake.
,,,
Not going to lie...the presents were my favorite part.
As you can see, I was really amped about this new bag, jacket, and jeans my parents gave me.
I was completely taken care of with amazing gifts from everyone and so many sweet phone calls and texts throughout the entire day.
...
Brett picked out a delicious Snickers ice cream cake...and as you can tell...Hank was really a fan.
This picture is a good indication of how all the kids looked after running around like animals in the bonus room all night.
Little mutt. Love the sweat.
...L
My peeps.
...
Jack throuroughly enjoyed drinking punch out of my grandma Yvonna's cup.
Then, he was fascinated by the fact that he has not only one, but two hands.
...
The classic....
*Note who is holding Jack.
He prefers her to me most of the time.
.....
It was so fun to hang with everyone... definitely my idea of a great birthday.
We got Jack all jammied up...and were all pretty beat from the day.
...
I think Brett was totally wasted from trying to keep me happy all day.
(look at that face!)
But...mission completely accomplished.
...
If getting older results in birthdays like this one...then, bring it on, Sophia!
...

5 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Sophia! But I believe you are Rose, I am Blanch, Kate is Dorothy, and mom is Sophia, or is it Randy is Sophia. We had a whole discussion about it, remember. If it makes you feel better you will always be younger than me. So many things to comment on...

The bedding is so adorable. It really came together perfectly. It looks even better with your lovely bed face. Brett, bravo on the breakfast in bed.

The highlight of the night, besides my precious salad at Bajio, was Jack arriving in nothing but a onesie and high tops with the biggest smile he could muster. Oh yes, and the fact he came running for me.

Hank eating his cake with his hands and his flushed face is the definition of RAT. Jack is learning the art of rat with his punch mustache.

Great pictures man and fab party. All the celebration was much deserved sis. I am grateful everyday you were born. Happy Birthday to the best sister and friend I could ever hope for. I love you!

maggie said...

happy birthday sar! what a fun day!

and ugh....could you, your sisters and mom be any more darling? seriously?

Bianca said...

yeah.. you+sisters+your mom are all hot babes. Wish I had been on top of things and wished you the happiest day like a proper friend! Glad to see you had so much fun though... and I don't know what it is about Jack, but that punch picture, and the family picture are killer. He is a baby model. and he is so lucky to have the comfiest carpet and a bonus room with darts- you can tell that boy knows how to play!
Happy Birthday!!
xox

Jenny said...

Happy late birthday Sarah. Do you remember your sweet birthday at Granite Elementary school a "few" years ago? I didn't think anything could ever top that birthday but it looks like this year's might have! LOVE the bedding and the flowers looked gorgeous.

Guess what I get for my birthday this year? I get to push a kid out...yeah, good times for the big 28!!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happiest b-day mug! I am glad that you had a rockin' day. Jack is amazing. Nothing like rockin a onesie only!!