2.09.2011

Cali Day 5

Day 5 was the day the trip came to a close.
For us anyway.
The Griffin's stayed an extra couple of days...but we were back to reality.
...
It was Hank's birthday!
Although, we kind of celebrated it the entire trip...today was the official day Hankster hit the big 6!
We were all beyond thrilled to get to spend his birthday week with him having so much fun.
After his health scare in September, it was impossible not to constantly think how grateful we are that he is here with us, happy and healthy.
Sure love my Hank-man.
..
We headed out for a birthday breakfast before the Griffin's headed out for another day at Disneyland and we caught our afternoon flight.
Woodster joined us for some pancakes.
...
This was the picture I tried to take of Jack with the birthday boy.
Hank struck a genius pose...in the background.
....
....
After breakfast...we said our painful goodbyes.
In my opinion, if I'm not at Disneyland...no one should be.
..
We headed back to our room to get things ready and to relax before heading to the airport.
Jack insisted in sitting in his stroller while watching some cartoons.
I hate leaving trips.
Especially when a good portion of the people I live to hang out with are with me.
I had little to be excited over coming home to...
other than the 2 degree weather.
..
...
We were all a bit depressed to be coming home... but, remembering this lady at the airport, skipping around with toilet paper hanging from her pants...lifted our spirits greatly.
Thankfully, Brett took our rude humor to the next level and got a picture for us to remember her by.
Good buy toilet paper lady.
Good buy Cali!
///
We had another successful flight with Jack.
I had an arsenal of pipe cleaners, stickers, treats, books, and toys for his entertainment.
...
The stickers kept us both entertained for a good while.
...
......
...Coming home and getting back into the swing of things has taken some time....
Jack was pretty hungover from the whole thing!
...
Our little trip was a much needed break from our daily schedule.
It was amazing getting to spend 5 days straight with Brett. That doesn't happen very often, and it was probably my favorite part of the whole trip.
...
And...even though the little rats can be some extra work... it really is true-
kids make everything more fun.
I genuinely had the best time having Jack with us... and cannot wait for many more trips just like it with him. He truly could not have been a better little traveling companion.
...
Hanging with Annie and Randy and their kids...was, as usual... perfect company. Duh!
.......
Also, I kind of hate cutting the cord, so 5 days with my parents in tow was nothing but perfect.
I kind of like resorting back to a little kid and letting them take care of me.
///
Thank you to all of them for all of their help with Jack...keeping track of my backpack contents, and for really being the most hilarious, fun, and amazing family to take a break with!
I had a complete blast with all of you!
...

3 comments:

Lou said...

What a wonderful recap! I felt like I was on Mickey's lap the entire time! The Wank's definitely know how to do Disneyland.

I'm ready to set up a tee time...so come on down!

**Don't forget to call me tomorrow...

Annie said...

I couldn't agree more Sar. Next time we are all staying a week. Jack on the airplane is killing me. Only you would think of pipe cleaners and stickers to keep him occupied. He is one lucky kid to have you for his mom. Speaking of you and Jack, I guess I will be seeing you both in about 50 minutes or so! Excellent recap sis.

Jenny said...

I just got done reading about all 5 days in Heaven...and I have to say, I hate you! LOL! You are so lucky! DL is the best place ever and your little Jack looked like he had a blast. You looked like you had even a better time! :)