2.03.2011

Cali Day 1

California has come and gone.
It was the best time.
To say that I am sad to be back to life is an understatement.
So...I'll ease my pain by re-capping it.
A post for each day.
Starting.....
now!
...
DAY one
The morning couldn't come fast enough.
I was so giddy to take off on our little getaway.
..
Grandpa Shermie picked my mom and dad up and they met us at our house.
Then we were off to the airport.
We arrived with a comfortable hour and a half before our plane was to depart.
Bags checked.
Through security.
And...
Our plane was delayed for almost 3 hours.
It was a bit anticlimactic out of the shoot... but we managed to keep ourselves pretty entertained and preoccupied.
I think Jack had a good majority of the people at the airport entertained as well.
...
It was particularly entertaining as Brett sauntered off--twirling Jack around and giving him a ride on his shoulders. Apparently Jack had had a few too many snacks during the wait and threw up on Brett's head.
Thankfully, Brett was wearing a hat.
It was really disgusting.
And really funny.
...
Luckily, it was only a fluke- and Jack was just fine after that.
He crashed in my arms while we loaded the plane, and slept until take off.
Then...he was bright eyed and bushy tailed for the flight.
...
He was a really good little boy the whole way.
...
We got our rental car and got to Annie and Randy's time-share in the late afternoon.
Jack was hammered from all of the day's commotion.
...
The Griffin's arrived (by car) shortly after, and the real festivities began.
...
We ate dinner at a diner in the shopping area right by our place...and we all marveled at the amount of meat consumed by Brett, and Hank's new found love of a Caesar Salad.
...
,,,
We walked back to our place, and it felt amazing to goof around outside without freezing our buns off.
After we got back, we retreated to the rooftop of the hotel, and watched ourselves some Disneyland fireworks.
Jack was mesmerised.
I'm pretty sure this officially when Jack's love affair with Annie started for the trip.
...
..
We had the best set up with my mom and dad sharing a 2 bdrm/2bath suite with me, Brett, and Jack.
Annie's family was 2 doors down, which made it quite conducive to do a fair share of room hopping.
...
...
Now...just you wait for days 2-5.
I bet you'll be jealous.
( and trust me...there are way cooler pictures to come)

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I am giddy to see the next few posts! Glad you guys had fun. Did the leash live up to your expectations? Hopefully there will pics of that! Glad you're home though...I hate it when people have fun without me! :)

Lou said...

I've seriously been waiting for this post for like a week! Now hurry up so I can start my stalking. Glad you had fun. I'll probably comment on every one.

Next stop? St. George, Ut. 84790.

Annie said...

Sniff sniff...We just rolled in and of course since it's been 7 days without my precious laptop I had to crack it open STAT. I was already feeling melancholy about the trip being over and now I'm really sad. Jack needs to come over and cuddle with me. Like right now.