1.12.2011

The day I bought a leash.

Today I bought a leash.
For my child.
Go on ahead...judge me.
...
But, you see...in approximately 2 1/2 weeks we will go on a little adventure to Disneyland.
With my child.
On a leash.
...
...
So maybe I never thought I'd be that parent.
But, I also never had the most adorable little puppy of a son that loves to run (not walk) in a place such as Disneyland.
...
What are you going to do?
(And don't even think of saying...don't take your 19 month old to Disneyland).
...
....
The good news is...the box refers to it as a harness- not a leash, and it even says it's for his own safety...
...
And the even better news is--as for today-- Jack loves it.
He's been up to all his old tricks while wearing it around the house.
I even saw him chasing his tail when I wasn't holding onto it.
So, yes I am that parent.
......
In other ramblings...
I have done a terrible job lately documenting the musings of Jack.
Already 19 months old...and a hilarious little creature.
He really has the funniest little personality, and he constantly has us cracking up.
......
Jack is fast. Really fast.
///
He loves himself a show...particularly that of the Pixar nature + Kung Fu Panda & Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (please tell me you've seen it--so amazing).
He will sit and watch a show like no other.
...
He loves helping and putting things away.
........
He's recently learned to climb onto things, and finds himself incredibly entertained by getting onto his train table carrying one toy at a time.
...He eats Special K for breakfast.
...
He can say more than he will.
Jack much more prefers to babble in some unknown dialect.
...
He loves his blanket more today than ever. So much, in fact, that he has 2 of the same blanket.
He laughs out of pure joy whenever he sees it.
......
Jack will kiss anyone. Anytime.
...
He is starting to perfect the art of a tantrum...but lacks the ability to stick with it for very long.
A Jack tantrum usually consists of falling on the ground, breathing deeply, and then starting to laugh after about 10 seconds.
(mid-tantrum)..
........
He is obsessed with basketball. He's totally in to palming his little basketball.
...,,,
He is impossible to take a still...smiling...picture of. He's much too busy for the posing act.
(which is why 87% of all pictures of Jack are with him in front of the TV...it is literally the only way I can get him to hold still).
...
(See? When he's smiling...he's moving)
......
He is still a tub-lover, though he has a recent obsession of showering with Brett.
(I'll leave the pictures out on this one).
He insists on waiting until all the water is completely drained from the tub before getting out, and flops around like a fish out of water and finds it hilarious....
(I find him hilarious.)
...
Jack tends to wake up wet in the morning. He wears nighttime diapers and all. But the kid can pee..what can I say?
A few recent mornings I have stripped him down and as temporary clothing, thrown one of my shirts on him.
He rocks a mean undertee.
...
......
....
He is so freaking adorable.
.....
I think it is fair to say that Jack is lovable on all counts.
Surprising for a kid on a leash...but he's pretty much loved on all counts, too.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Too much to comment on. Where to start, how bout the leash. I'm pretty sure Jack is the ONLY kid in the world cute enough to pull it off. Don't think I won't be mocking you though. Jack and his blankey melts my heart. I adore his need for comfort and soothing. I need to borrow that blanket. I can't wait for him to come over tomorrow and kiss me, throw tantrums (Jack style), climb on my train table, and wear a bucket on his head. Oh yes, and he needs to be wearing your off the shoulder undertee when you drop him off.

That kid is lovable indeed.

Annie said...

Bonnie can't remember how to log into her account so she wanted me to say she found a better leash/harness at Costco.

hayleyrowan said...

I like the leash, Jack could be starting a new fashion statement. You guys are going to have so much fun in Disneyland. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jennikunz said...

I would do the same if I was going to Disney... leash it up! Jack is way to cute to lose!! Have fun!

jackiewankier said...

Well, I have never seen anything cuter than that harness on Jack...and I love that he loves it....there are many nevers that I have sworn by over the years that I am slowly relinquishing that I ever said NEVER to anything....first never would I go to D-land with a baby less than 3...sweet Jack is now going, which will be awesome...never would I put my kid on a leash...Jack
has the cutest harness ever....I said I would never go to Cali in January....that's when we're going....soooooo, I am glad to be back tracking on the never thing because I can't wait...we will have one helluva a good time or maybe we'll NEVER go again!!!!....yea, like that's ever going to happen...love love love the pictures of my sweet Jack...what a cutie!