2.07.2011

Cali Day 4

DAY four
...
Today, we continued the Disney fun.
We started the day over in California Adventure.
While Brett and my dad made out on Toy Story, I took Jack for a little date to the carousel and to meet Woody.
...
And yes...Jack was wearing shoes.
He was practically shaking he was so excited to meet Woody. He kept running in circles and yelling, "Woob!"
Gotta love Woody's titty gun pose!
I think Jack would've been totally fine playing with him all day...
,,...
Brett joined us shortly after, and he and Jack enjoyed taking a load off while eating some Cheerios (they came with us everywhere on the trip).
...
..
Here Jack is enjoying another ride on the carousel with Brett while his mama got her scream on on California Screamin'.
We spent some time in Bug's Land, and we're getting a real thrill here on Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. I wonder where the Griffin's are at?
Oh, there they are!
Jack's favorite part of Disneyland was, by far, meeting the characters. He was so giddy every time we saw one. He'd give them a five, and smack them around and giggle.
...
If Jack could've been any better, I don't know how.
He was even better for Day 2 of Disneyland than he was for the first- particularly because he stayed entirely clothed the whole day.
He still managed, however, to entertain us thoroughly with a lay down on the park floor fit. I'm telling you--he throws the absolute best kind of fit.
..
No screaming, no kicking.
He just flattens himself out on the floor- takes a breather-
and we're back in business.
Other than being completely gross- it's completely awesome.
,,,
The one and only entire group shot.
It wore Jack right out.
Hank was such a good sport. Even when he was kind of scared, he tried every big ride he could go on. He liked some, and hated others. I had spent all day convincing him that Tower of Terror was one of the best rides, and finally talked him in to sitting by me to go on it.
Here he is in line, all amped up to go on it.
Buckled in and ready to rumble...
I took lots of pictures for Annie since she so selflessly offered to stay out with the minis.
And the action...
It's so amazing that he looks so happy in this picture, because as I looked over on the ride, I saw something more like this...
..
Poor buddy. Had his pants scared right off.
I might have had a small setback in Hank's trust in me after this one.
...
I think he soon forgot his sheer terror when he convinced all the boys to go on the Bear River Rapids water ride.
He was pretty convincing when he called them all "women" if they wouldn't go on it.
Hi dad.
...
The carnage.
Hank was thrilled to be the most drenched every time.
..
We headed back over to Disneyland for the afternoon/evening.
...
Classic Mickey action.
One of the Disney photographers spent some serious time with our family trying to get us to buy the $50 pictures he took.
Luckily, we took some with our cameras too.
I think the photographer thought my parents (aka my dad) was serious pulling these poses.
Here you can see Jack's step by step reaction to seeing characters first hand with his discovery of Goofy...
The embrace...
Again..he would've stayed here all day.
Jack has this new scrunch up his face smile...I think it's a result of loving Disneyland...
...
We spent our fair share of time on Buzz Lightyear.
It's a hit for all ages.
Especially the ages of Brett, Randy, and my Dad.
...
This was pretty much Jack's face on every ride...pure awe.
...
Here...you're looking at the proud recipient of 4.5 million points...no lying.
We're really proud of you, Randy.
..
Brett went against my better judgement and let Jack play with this water feature.
He loved it.
And...I snuck on Space Mountain, in the meantime.
Do you think I'm in heaven?
Total.
...
Later, we got Hank to give Thunder Mountain one more try, and he liked it lots more when we sandwiched him between two people.
Who better to be sandwiched by?
...
After the rides closed, we had passes for the water show World of Color.
,,,
There's not a whole lot that we haven't seen or done at Disneyland.
But, this was a first for us.
We got Jack double layered in his jammies, bought him a glow necklace, and we were set.
...
We had a perfect view, and we were amazed.
It really was a sight to behold.
The best were Jack's little screams of delight through the whole show.
(I took about 49 pictures trying to get a good shot of the amazing show...and not one of them worked...I stole these from the internet.)
....
The black vest brigade.
.....
It was another day in paradise.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Too much fun! Jack is such a stud. Beck would have been crying like a sissy girl if the characters would have come anywhere near him. I'm so sorry that the leash wasn't needed. I was looking forward to pics of that! Oh and can I get Christian Bale's number. I've been meaning to call him.

Robyn Cox said...

Oh my -- The photo of Jack running towards Goofy with his arms open.....that is priceless! And then the hug....that is just too cute!

Robyn Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Thanks for taking so many pictures of my Hank-man on all the rides. They are so adorable even on tower of terror. I need to get you the pictures I have of Jack and Frozone. It was love at first sight. You're solo space mountain pic, is hilarious and disturbing. You had a moment, that's for sure. Randy will be so happy you gave him props for his 4.5 million points on Buzz. It is his proudest achievement in life, I'm not kidding! I wonder when I will ever get the energy, or a camera charger and post my pictures. I envy your energy sis, seriously.