2.17.2011

In the dark.

...
..
Last night, while the winds worked hard to blow everyone's house apart, it luckily only got away with cutting our power for 3+ hours.
...
Jack and I were home alone, it was about 7:30, and Jack was all fed, bathed, and winding down for bed when the house went black.
...
I was afraid Jack would be scared and nervous...but, he loved it.
He loves the dark, and kept turning out our flashlight and walking around saying, "wooooow!"'
...
We made funny faces in my phone, binged on Teddy Grahams, and played hide-n-go-seek in the dark.
...
It was a freaky good time.
...
Then, Brett came home and we heated up dinner for him on the gas stove, and Jack had a front row seat for his entire meal.
...
...
......
I like me some power, don't get me wrong.
But...for one night...it was fun and adventurous here in our candle lit house.
I couldn't help but think how cool it is that Brett built our house.
And...that it doesn't fall apart.
He really is the man.
...
...
.** Did you notice that Jack's rocking a fresh buzz?
That's right...it's buzz season.

1 comment:

Annie said...

A house that doesn't fall apart, hmmmm how would that be? Perhaps Brett should have built ours. Those pictures of you and Jack are so adorable. I can't believe I haven't seen his buzz in person yet. Tomorrow my friend, tomorrow.