2.04.2011

Cali Day 2

DAY two
The recap resumes.
..
After a slightly restless night of spending the hours of 2-4 am awake with a wide-eyed Jack, we awoke to the Griffin clan waiting at our door.
Breakfast ensued in our room as we all lounged around bed-faced for a while.
...
After we all got ready, we headed out for a morning at the beach.
Brett took us to a near perfect spot on the Balboa Peninsula, where the sun was shining, and we ultimately had the beach to ourselves.
I think I'll plant some palm trees in my yard this summer.
They do wonders for my soul.s.
They do wonders for my soul.
...
It wasn't a balmy day at the beach, per se, but we had plenty o' sunshine, and it felt amazing.
...
The waves chased the boys, Jack threw sand, and my dad intensely hunted for some treasures. Brett found a sand dollar, my mom collected shells with Hank, Randy donated his "clothes" to a wet Hank, and Annie made out with Jack. I had a heated standoff with some seagulls who were up in my grill over some of Jack's Cheerios.
This picture makes me giggle.
///
Max got the courage up to taunt the waves.
Minutes later, he was washed up by a wave.
Poor Mino head.
Completely soaked.
Wankier or die.
...
..
There was a playground by the beach, and we ended our visit with about 999 trips down the slide for Max and Jack.
....
We went to the Crab Cooker for lunch, and it was delish.
The clouds rolled in, and we enjoyed a downpour from inside.
high quality photo! it's all I had from lunch!
...
..
When we got back to our place, it was nap time for all...glorious, glorious nap time.
Naps on trips are the best.
///
Annie and my dad headed to the grocery store and prepped us for a lovely dining-in experience in our room for the evening.
(the place we stayed was so amazing...totally stocked kitchen...and perfect for all of our needs)
...
It was a night of spaghetti, licorice, more fireworks from the rooftop, and I went to bed crying because I caught the last 20 minutes of Toy Story 3 as I was getting ready for bed.
...
This was pretty much a perfect day.
A perfect mix of entertainment and relaxation.
And like with all of the days on the trip...the only thing missing was the Ross family.
We missed them every second!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing these posts seriously makes me want to cry because I live in Utah (and I am not taking any vacations). It looks like you guys had fun. Jack is the cutest little dude. I want to eat his cheeks!!!!

Annie said...

Making out with Jack totally rules, especially since my kids won't give me the time of day when Randy is around. The pictures of the beach were so adorable. Wankier or die indeed! The thoughts of recapping this trip are a bit overwhelming so I'm glad you are leading the way sis!