2.01.2016

Back to the Slopes!

The end of January was monumental...

I took Jack skiing for the first time!!!

Not only was this a big deal for him... it was a huge deal for me!
I hadn't been skiing in probably 7 years...which is unreal, and sad, and well- pretty stupid.
Too busy having babies or something like that... but, I got the bug this year, and decided it was time to get back in the game!  Brett and I both really want our boys to ski, so it was time.

Lucky for me, Lou was looking to put her Ty in a lesson as well, so we made a date of it, and buddied them up in a class together at Sundance.


It was a BEAUTIFUL day, and just driving up the canyon to the resort was the perfect indicator of the kind of day it would turn out to be.

I was a little nervous that Jack would be scared our not want to go with his teacher, but he sure surprised me!  He was amped and had no problem cutting the cord!





I was glad he had Ty... and I was even more glad that I had Lou to ski with for a couple of hours while they went to their lesson.



We spied for a bit, and then quickly realized that wasn't helping anything, and that seeing them struggle on the rope tow was anxiety inducing- so we ripped it up top until it was time to pick them up.

Grandma Jackie joined us as well, which was the cherry on the top!
It really was a winning combo!
And, good news.... I remembered how to ski!



Brings a tear to the eye... we've been friends for more than half of my life.
I feel 15 again when we hang out.

Jack and Ty finished their lesson in good spirits, but we were a little bummed that their teacher never took them on the actual lift or a real run.
We decided that since they wanted to... that we would bite the bullet after lunch and try it ourselves.


All my picts of Jack in action are in video form, but let me tell you... this kid did AMAZING! He (and Ty) got on and off the lift like a champ, and had his pizza wedge DOWN.  He was in total control and we were down the mountain without any problems.


In fact, these little studs went clear until the lift closed!


It was the dreamiest of days.... I cannot wait to go with him again and again and again!


I was so proud of him for being brave, and tough, and coordinated, and fun!!
My grandpa would be so happy-- we're definitely back in the ski game!

(Now, go back and count all the !!! in this post... that's how exciting this all is!!!)



1 comment:

Lou said...

Hello sis.
I'm just catching up.
Let's go back.
Perfect re-cap.
It really was THAT good!