9.08.2010

When Thank You Isn't Enough.

...
...
100th post coming at you!
And for such an occasion... a heartfelt message...
to a very deserving recipient (or 2).
...
For weeks I've been trying to think of a way to repay/thank my mom for the billions of things she does for me. I'm serious...between helping with Jack, tending to sickness, hanging out with my neediness, spending late nights with me while Brett was away, hand delivering random grocery store items to spare me from a trip myself, helping in my classroom, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.,... I have a nearly impossible time reciprocating.
I ended up buying her a ticket to come with me to see
John Mayer at USANA last week.
...
And...here we were:
...
...(first picture we snapped....and then....dead camera)
...
......
I thought the gesture might finally make me feel a little less indebted to her...
...
But... I quickly came to a realization that there is absolutely nothing in this world I can ever do to repay her.
No one else in this world is my mama.... and because of this, she and her overwhelming ability to serve me... are untouchable.
...
So...publicly (not to be confused with pubic-ly), I will use my blog to try my best to say....
Thank you, mom.
...
....
For every single thing you do for me and my little family.
Thank you for being just the way you are....stylish, hilarious, selfless, and easy going.
....
I love you.
.
(and in honor of her own favorite adjective...)
She really is "tits."
...
And... another fitting dedication to her this week....
for saving my sweet grandma 20+ years ago...when she so selflessly donated her kidney to keep her own mother alive.
(see what I mean by untouchable!)
Because of my mom, we get to celebrate that same grandma and her 80th birthday this weekend.
...
Thank you, grandma, for giving me my mom who
I totally worship.
...n
And, thank you mom...for giving me time that I would not have otherwise been able to have with a grandma who I utterly love and adore.
...
...
...
Happy Birthday, Sweet Grandma. I love you!...

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am so glad you didn't pubicly thank mom, that would have been awkward. But seriously we hit the jackpot when it comes to the mom department. There is no one else in the world like her and she is ours! I am so grateful everyday for her. And our amazing grandma, sheesh, how did we get so lucky? That picture of her is beautiful. Such an amazing tribute sis!

Annie said...

Oh yes and congrats on the 100th post, that means I've left over 100 comments..I rule.