9.18.2010

A Prayer for Hank

I am still mourning the fact that this post is a reality.
...
I will keep the details minimal.... but ask for your prayers at this time.
...
My sweet nephew Hank received a diagnosis yesterday after a bout with what we though was the stomach flu that none of us would have ever thought possible.
...
The news that my sister Annie received was that Hank has leukemia.
...
Our worlds, especially theirs, turned completely upside down in minutes flat.
...
Not our Hank.
....
They were rushed to Primary Children's last night...where they are now doing more intensive tests to find out more details and to see if, in fact, it's 100% that he does have leukemia.
...
My sister Annie's blog has much more information and details from just this morning.
...
As I watched Hank in the hospital last night, my heart ached for him and all that he has been thrust into in such a short period of time. He dealt with it all so bravely. Already teaching us all so many lessons. The whole time I kept wish that I could just take it for him. But, by the time I left the hospital, I'm not so sure I could handle it any better than he was.
Can he really only be 5?
Please pray for him.
He's my best little buddy.
Please pray.
...
And, if you could, please pray for his parents.
Annie and Randy have always been two of my very best friends in this world. They are amazing parents- amazing people. I hate that they have to go through this, and wish with all my heart I could take it from them. No one should ever have to witness their children sick. Annie calling to tell me just minutes after getting the news is a phone call I will never be able to erase from my memory. But, oh, how I wish I could.
...
I know Annie will try and keep her blog up-to-date as they find more out...but I also know it can be hard in the midst of it all. I, too, will try and keep an update here as best as I can...because already so many of you are in the wings waiting.
....
Thank you for any prayers, well wishing, and good thoughts for the Griffin family.
There has already been an amazing outpouring of love for my entire family, and we thank you for that.
....
More to come soon.

No comments: