9.13.2010

An Afternoon Drive to Silver Lake

How beautiful was this weekend?
...
On a whim, we decided to go on a little afternoon drive up the canyon to Silver Lake.
The drive was lovely...good tunes & even better company.
...
Once we stopped at the lake, Jack immediately bolted for the water.
...
Let's just pretend for a minute that I am a totally carefree mom, and didn't care at all when Brett let Jack walk right in...shoes and all.
I quickly lightened up, however, when I saw the extreme amount of happiness it brought to Jack's soul.
I didn't think we'd ever get him out... but Brett cleverly lured him away with some rocks and mud.
He was in complete heaven.
And the weather and scenery could not have been more gorgeous.
The only thing to make it more perfect would have been for a family of ducks to join us.
......
Lucky for us...they did....
They were quite a friendly brood.
Jack shared some Teddy Grahams and Scooby Snacks.
......
What more could you want?

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Who wouldn't love teddy grahams and scooby snacks??? What a great idea! I swear I have to have a months notice to do anything spontaneous!!!



Beat cha, Annie!

Annie said...

I love how one with nature Jack is. AF Canyon is pretty amazing, we are so lucky to live so close to it. Maybe one day when I get out of this sick-house I can enjoy it.

melimba said...

it's official.
i miss utah. (and it's silver lake and pretty mountains and it's AF Canyon!)

Spontaneous road trips are the best. Looks like fun was had by all!

And that Jack? Darling as ever.