8.29.2010

28 is the new 5

For Brett's birthday on Friday, we celebrated in true Brett fashion.
Like a kid.
......
Brett's ability to enjoy things like a kid is one of his most endearing qualities.
He makes anything fun.
...
So....
In the true spirit of Brett...we went to the zoo to celebrate.
I wasn't all that sure that Jack would be very thrilled by it...but I was 100% certain Brett would!
Jack found more entertainment by looking at his reflection in the glass cages than by seeing the actual animals inside.
He took the carousel very serious.
As you can see...
He didn't break this expression once until it came to a stop.
We caught a bit of rain while we were there...but it cooled things off...and it was perfect!
Not impressed.
The peacocks really did it for Jack.
As you can see...he was more interested in his thumb.
...
Reflection? Bingo.
...
He rather enjoyed tossing food to the swans.
...
Hogle Zoo Creatures:
Note the Rhino... I had a brief standoff with him after I opened my umbrella.
This was him staring me down and getting ready to charge.
Brett's convinced the fence wouldn't have saved me.
I think the rhino happened to enjoy my oblivious tra-la-la-ing.
...
Here we are standing at the huge elephant statue.
It plays "Pop Goes the Weasel" and on the "POP" part mist squirts out of the elephants trunk.
This is just moments after the "POP" happened and me, being the calm and cool person I am, screamed and jumped in hysterics.
I absolutely scared Jack to death.
He might have hated me at this point...
..
until we found him this water feature to play in.
Animals are going to have to step up their game to win Jack's affection over this next time.
...
Here we are on the train, Jack's concentration face resumed.
I'm not going to lie... Jack smelled a little like an animal by the this part in the day.
...
All in all it was a perfect way to spend the first part of the day...just the 3 of us and the zoo.
Fun was had by all.
...
Next, it was home for a much needed nap.
Then, we met up with some of the fam at In 'N Out for some grub, and then back to our house for more fun.
...
We had a delish ice cream bar, opened presents, and were supposed to have a water party outside...but torrential rain kind of got in our way of those plans.
...
Good thing Brett really is a kid at heart because he still set up the water slide and the kids (and some shameless adult...cough cough) played on it during the storm.
Annie definitely got some better picts of this portion of the party. I was too busy bombing it down the slide.
...
Then, it was inside to warm up.
Jack and Max spent a good portion of the evening bathing it up.
It truly was a day of fun.
.......
Quite fitting for both of my children!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh man, did I ever get some good pictures of the slide...can't wait to post those! You really took the whole host thing to the next level and I have the evidence to prove it. Oh yeah, and I'm still craving that ice cream bar...mmmmmmm.

Jessie said...

I have several comments today...
1) If I were as cute as Jack I would stare at my reflection over zoo animals any day!
2)Brett may act like a 5 year old, but I didn't see him going down a slip n slide in a hurricane!!!
3)That's not Max's wiener poking through the bottom of that bucket, right?
4)And Sarah, what I wouldn't give to have you be Koy's 1st grade teacher. We are already having problems!!! AGH!!!
5)K, I thinks that's all I had to say. See ya!

Anonymous said...

Okay, first of all I can't even think about my comment anymore after reading what Jessie wrote about that being Max's weiner! Oh my gosh. I am laughing so hard right now!!

Okay, now I will focus...

Happy Birthday Brett!! I am so in love with Jack's cheeks. He is the cutest, squishiest little thing. And, you look adorable (or course) at the zoo. I stared at your outfit for a few minutes trying to see if I could put together any of the rags in my closet to try and imitate that outfit. Sadly, I couldn't so don't worry!! :)

Okay, seriously though...you may need to delete that picture of Max in the tub. It is freaking me out!!!!!! ha ha Yep, I am still laughing!!!

PS You never called me when Lou was up!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.