8.12.2010

On and On

...
It feels like I've been incredibly busy lately.
My brain has never been much of a calm place.
Constantly moving, thinking, analyzing...etc.
...
I've done a whole lot of running around as of late...and most afternoons I feel like doing this for about a solid month:
...
While running early yesterday morning, I was feeling particularly reflective. It wasn't one of those "turn- on-the- rage- music- runs" but rather a mix of slow, calm music.
I had a jumble of thoughts...
...
classroom odds and ends to prepare...
i want to go on a trip...
I miss my grandpa...
mom & dad's dogs need to be fed...
my mom should never be allowed to go out of town...
what should we do with our landscaping...
i need a haircut...
how bad will Jack hate me when he gets a little brother or sister?...
(NOT an announcement by the way. Just a permanent thought in my mind since approximately 32 seconds after Jack was born)
5 days until Friday Night Lights season 4 comes out on DVD and I get to finally watch it...
is it really August already?...
side aches blow...
... razors, tin foil, q-tips, and other random grocery list items...
...
And on
And on
And on.
////
This is my brain.
...
Sometimes I wish I had nothing to do.
Nothing to worry or think about.
But, I came to a realization on this profound run of mine.
Every single thing that keeps me busy/stresses me out/ occupies my mind is a blessing,
not a curse.
Behind every tiring, worrisome, or even mundane thing in my life is a gift, not a burden.
......
At least I have money to go to the grocery store.
I have a house to clean and not a cardboard box.
I miss people because I had them to love in the first place.
I get to have my own sweet baby as mine, even if he's growing up too fast.
I get to do a job that I love for a measly 8 hours a week (who does that, really?) and leave Jack with the best grandparents in the world.
...
And on.
And on.
And on.
......
......
Complaining is for the birds.
What a waste of time.
......
....
Costco runs, poopy bums, weeds, and all...
I have a good life.
......
......
I think me and the Dalai Lama should do lunch tomorrow.
Come to think of it... they do kind of look alike!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Ummm sorry the Dalai Lama is coming to swimming lessons with me tomorrow.

Annie said...

Oh and by the way I think you are brilliant, amazing, and I second everything you just posted. I love you, in case you forgot!

Jessie said...

With all the free time you have :), I think you should write a novel. You are a gifted writer, Sarah! Great post! But no matter what you say, I am not grateful for Costco runs. Never will be. Ever. Period.