6.29.2010

pen pal

...
...
This is Hank.
Hank and I are pen pals.
.....
... It all started with a casual suggestion I made to Annie when she was asking me about ways she can get Hank to practice his writing this summer (such a good mom).
...
I thought I'd help a sister out...write a few letters...keep Hank entertained by the whole thing.
......
......
Turns out...I'm totally and completely entertained by the whole thing.
I mean...really...is there anything better than finding in the middle of boring mail...a handwritten letter?
...
Especially when you open it and it looks like this:
Dear Sarah
Can I sleep
at your
house this
summer?
Hank
...
...
Or this one...which came in response to my telling Hank who mine, Brett, and Jack's favorite Star Wars characters were.
(Hank definitely loves himself some Star Wars banter)
..
...
...
...
Dear Sarah
Jack needs to be jb oopsies jawa
so he can be on
the dark side
Max is Darth Maul
Who do you want to be?
heart, Hank
...
Apparently, the Jones family wasn't up to speed on the whole Dark Side rules concept...
so we revamped our answers, and sent a family picture of us in our new Dark-Side- Star- Wars roles.
...
I chose Jabba-the-Hut.
so perfect for how I look today
Still waiting on Hank's response.
...
And I kid you not when I say...I can't wait.
...
You can bet your boots that I check the mailbox religiously now.
And frequently google Star Wars info.
......
If you don't have a pen pal...
Get one.
And make it a 5 year old one while you're at it.
You won't be sorry.
...

4 comments:

Jessie said...

GREAT IDEA!!! Talk about Mother's-of-the-Year! Haven't you guys ever heard of letting your kids watch TV, Play Wii, and eat sugar all summer? That's what we do. Don't be suprised if you and Hank get a letter from Koy. Seriously, great idea!!!

Annie said...

Awwwwww...that was such a precious post Sarah! You have single-handedly saved Hank from flunking out of Kindergarten. He is the luckiest boy around to have jabba-the-hut as his auntie!

Collette Griffin said...

Annie was telling me about this while on her trip to Portland. When I saw it on her news feed, I was hoping there would be photos of the letters. What a great idea!

Jennikunz said...

That is so great! Perfect idea!