6.08.2010

It's a Yo Gab Birthday!

Woo.
...
I might have had a stint with postpartum depression (a year late) after Jack's birthday.
...
And....I'm still tired from partying it up.
...
But, I can't not post these adorable pictures of my shnookums turning 1.
...
I must say that keeping track of the camera during the whole event proved to be quite the task.
But, someone managed to snap some birthday goodness in the midst of it all.
...
So (deep breath), here we go with more birthday blogging.
...
Here's Jack Sunday morning as he woke up to a pile of new toys to play with.
He literally jumped from one thing to the next...totally fascinated...
We spent most of the day at home, getting ready for his party, and playing with his new stuff.
...
Late afternoon came, and my house was officially Yo Gabba Gabba'd.
...
The party decor...
The birthday outfit.
(and amazing new trike from grandma and grandpa)
The people...
(and there were lots)
We had over 40 people come to wish this little mug a happy 1st.
...
If only I had a picture of every last one of them to post and say thank you to.
...
One thing we definitely do not lack is support.
...
Our families are so the best.
...
Jack got so many adorable toys and clothes.
Thank you thank you thank you everyone.
One of his favorites were these Yo Gabba character cutouts that Isabel personally made him.
Let it just be known, that girl is a dream.
..
.....
Amidst the chaos of practically having a school of kids and their parents all in my family room at once, Jack managed to enjoy playing with each gift as it was opened.
...
....
...
I didn't get Jack the traditional 1 Year Old cake to destroy...but got him a giant cupcake instead.
He's a pretty tidy kid, so I didn't think for one second he'd dig right in.
I was wrong.
Then he practiced a new trick with my grandma and cleaned it all up by putting all the smashed up cake into a cup.
Kept him entertained forever.
Then, he dumped it all out again.
Next, came a bath which proved to be great entertainment for the remaining party-goers.
Then it was jammies, and some serious happiness with all his toys and balloons.
I think everyone had more sugar than should be ingested in a day, and an overall great time.
I still apologize to all of you who were holding out on my imitation of DJ Lance.
Gotta leave you coming back for more next year....
...
...
And in other Jack news....
...
We had his 12 month followup appointment with his spinal surgeon at Primary Children's on Monday.
All is well. (ahhh.)
(especially when Jack wears tank tops)
...
And he has officially graduated to the forward-facing car seat....
A
...
Such a 1 year old.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Jack...the tank top is more than I can handle and the car seat...OMG! He is such a little one year old. I just love that little buddy so much and my kids are obsessed, even though Max has a funny way of showing it. The party was absolute perfection, but would I expect any less? Now that stress is over, time for some summer fun! DJ Lance has to make an appearance at the evil ball this year...just sayin'

hayleyrowan said...

Happy Birthday Jack! What a sweet little guy. Loved the party. Monet devoured her foofa cupcake when we got home. Jack passed her up in the carseat department. She's only 17 lbs so she won't be forward facing for quite awhile poor thing. Let's have a play date soon and play with all those cool new toys.

Robyn Cox said...

That is one party I am sad I missed. How fun!! Jack just looks like one big cup cake himself...those cheeks look good enough to eat! What a darling little one year old.

Jessie said...

Seriously?!? I want that last picture hung up on my fridge! Poor kid is in a coma from all that partying. Thanks for a great party and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!

annie and jared said...

looks like a serious partay! love all the effort we go to for their birthdays and they would probably be just as happy with an empty box and a piece of cake.. ha ha! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY LITTLE JACK.. you are adorable, tank-top and all :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, you are an amazing mom! I can't help smiling and crying while reading your blog! Jack is so cute and does look a lot like Brett, but you can defiantly see his beautiful mom in him too. I wish I could give him a huge hug and squeeze those juicy cheeks! :) We are sending our love from NC! Happy belated birthday Jack! We love you!