6.06.2010

june 6...gasp

...
May
king of the speed crawl
crouper
nose diver
ta-da!
pointer
eternal napper
stander
flirt
brett the second
....
...
The end.
There you have it. Jack's first year.
...
...
It's interesting how what feels like not long ago, I sat at the computer blogging- far too late at night, much like I am doing now.
Just a short few hours later, I found myself at the hospital.
And then, came Jack.
One year ago.
It's official now.
It's my baby's birthday.
And...no kidding...I cry as I write this.
...
...
Oh, my sweet Jack.
Words don't do him justice.
...
...
I sure love this kid.
...
I love how he cuddles up to me and lets me kiss and smother him without pulling away.
I love that he crawls up to me just like a little puppy.
I love that he looks just like his dad.
I love that he flaps his arms when he gets excited.
I love that he plays with my face when I rock him.
I love when I catch him playing peek-a-boo with his crib animals.
I love the way he has always so passionately sucked his thumb.
I love how his cheeks are made up of the perfect consistency of juiciness and firmness.
I love when he goes wild in the tub and drains it from his splashing.
I love his gut laugh. It's pretty much famous.
I love the space between his two front teeth.
I love his obsession with Brett.
I love his personality's winning combo of ultra-sweet, and just a pinch of mischief to keep things interesting.
I love how he gets over traumatic things (shots, toys stolen, etc) in approximately 13 seconds.
I love his love for soft things & how he can't NOT suck his thumb when touching them.
I love that we make each other laugh when it's time to go to sleep.
I love that he follows me around the house all day.
I love the way he chews.
I love his little body.
I love his silly hair (and lack of it).
I love that he's a sleeper.
I love his love for bathing.
I love his bum in short pajamas.
I love that fact that for the past 365 days I've had him to love.
I wouldn't take back a minute.
.......
I know he was meant to be ours.
And any confusion I find myself having about life,
is made incredibly simple when I think of just that fact.
Life is good. Life is blessed.
Especially when you're Jack's mama.
...
Now it's officially time to celebrate.
Bring on the Yo Gabba Partaaaaay!
(i'm sure it'll beat going through labor.)
the invite.
(more details to be blogged after the party)

5 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday little buddy! There is no doubt that this little guy is one of a kind. I have to agree that my favorite thing is when he crawls up to me like a puppy. He has started reaching for me and it melts my heart! I am so lucky to live so close to all my nieces and nephews. Jack, I love you so much pal! Sarah, I love you so much pal! I am so glad it's not last year at this time, when mom called me crying and telling me you had a stroke. Nice dramatic touch I might add.

Can't wait to come to the party...you better be DJ Lance or I'll be disappointed.

Jenny said...

I was just going to type what Annie did about DJ Lance...HA HA! Have a fun day! He is such a cute little man. Next time I'm in Lehi, I'm calling you so I can meet him! Happy Birthday Jack!!!

jackiewankier said...

Sweet Jack...you could not have a sweeter mama or dad...what a lucky little boy...not to mention the incredible grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, great-grandparents and friends you are lucky enough to have in your corner cheering on every single thing that you do! We are all blessed by having you in our family.. .WE are the lucky ones!! love you, honey.

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! I cant believe how fast that went. He is so stinkin cute I can't get over it. Im sorry we cant come to his party, Sky and I have horrible colds. But tell him Happy Birthday and we love him.

Lou said...

Happy Birthday little man! I seriously cannot believe it's his ONE YEAR birthday! The perspective of time completely changes when you bring a baby home. I wish I was there to celebrate this day. Take lots of pics so I'm not left out of one thing.

Wank, you are an incredible mommy. I've learned so much from watching you LOVE your sweet Jack. He is one lucky lucky boy to get to have you in his face all day. I only got one year of college with you and that was enough to satisfy me for life!

Enjoy this day...I'm finding it's getting better and better each day. I'm pulling cheesy, but we truly are blessed to be moms.

Happy Birthday Jack!

Love,
Aunt LOU