7.04.2010

84 Hours

...
...
I've had all sorts of blog worthy material over the last couple of days...but to say I haven't had the time to post about it is an understatement.
...
Taking good pictures to document it all took a back seat to the chaos of it all...but I do have some proof of all we've done the past 84 hours.
...
Behold....
...
...
Thursday 7/1
I was going for a record this day to see just how much I could fit in and just how many people I could get to babysit Jack in one day. It was definitely a day full of laaaaadies.
...
9 am-noon: tutored 3 adorable little first graders...and met my quota of patience for the day. Kate and the girls came by to love on Jack for a while while I finished up.
...
12:30-3:00: I met the sisters and their rats, along with my mom, at the Lindon swimming pool. I'll let you in on this little secret...go to the Lindon swimming pool. Now. It is by far the best pool around. Jack had nothing but love for it...and I'm sure we'll be re-visiting it many-a-day in the next couple of weeks. This place was swarming with laaaadies....
4:00: My mom came over while Jack napped, and I ran to my thyroid doctor. It's official...after 2 years...my thyroid is "normal." And for the record... I'm not entirely convinced that my doctor knows what a thyroid even is.
...
5:15: Picked up Jack and dropped him off with Randy and the boys while Annie and I went to our weekly golf lesson. (yes this was babysitter #3 for Jack this day) Our golf lessons are at the Ranches with a big group of other women. Hello laaaadies! We were practicing our drivers this week, and as I stepped up to my tee for my second hit of the afternoon, I received quite a fair share of attention. Not for the distance of my ball....but the distance of my club head, rather. While everyone looked at me in amazement of my brute strength to crush the head off my club, I think Annie practically peed herself she was laughing so hard. Time for some new clubs, eh?
I think this stub will remain in my golf bag forever.
Instant humor.
...
7:30: Now it was time for home and getting Jack-man ready for bed. After he went down, Brett held down the fort and I was off to round out my day with my favorite of favorite ladies. Kate, Annie, my mom, and I went to get ourselves some Red Mango and to see Eclipse. I'm totally not above reading/seeing/liking these movies...and I won't pretend it doesn't entertain me...but I will say I think half the theater wanted to beat us up for our disrespect and irreverence during the show. Hyper doesn't do my mood that night justice.
It was semi-embarrassing to be one of the ladies with camera in hand at the movie...however, these shots of my mom and Annie trying to look like a vampire were worth it.
Vampire? Squirrel?
Same diff.
...
Saturday 7/2
The day started early, early, early with Brett prepping the yard for SOD!!! That Brett of mine...I tell you...he's got ambition. He pretty much trenched, sprinklered, top-soiled, and laid sod in about 15 hours. It was a completely crazy day...with lots of great help (thank you Adam, Dad, Randy, Dan, Greg, Cody). Yarding consumed our entire day up until our heads touched the pillow.
front
back
...
approval from these 3 was proof the day was a success
crazy-sod-face-brett.
...
This day just happened to also be our 6 year anniversary. Due to the sod circumstances, it was pretty much celebrated with a slap on the butt and a "Happy Anniversary." I seriously think that at all times there is a list of people 20 deep who would like to spare a minute of Brett's time. Between his insane talent, willingness to help, plus his looks & charm, he is definitely a wanted guy. The fact that he's MINE is not something that I take for granted. Choosing him was never a question for me. Each anniversary that rolls around, I'm more and more aware of just how lucky I was that Brett chose me.
...
precious engagement photo
...
Saturday 7/3
Brett started the day at the crack of dawn setting sprinkler heads. This day, we watered our new grass in the morning, we watered it in the late morning, we watered it in the afternoon, and then watered it some more. I finally talked Brett into surrendering his work in the yard for a bit while we ventured up to my parents' for a little 4th O' July BBQ. It was so relaxing and a much needed break.
We came home to (you guessed it) water the lawn some more, and later took Jack out to see the Thanksgiving Point fireworks. I'm sure it's something he'll never forget :).
it was freezing.
thanks july.
...
Sunday 7/4
Today we slept. Then, we slept some more.
All three of us.
Totally pooped.

6 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Sarah I think I have a perma-smile on my face after reading this. What a week for you guys!! Oh and can I come tag along with you next time you go golfing? :)

Annie said...

So much to comment on...but mostly I just want you to know how much you guys were missed this weekend! I just walked in the door so expect a call from me soon. I can't believe Jack is walking. How long were we gone?

Annie said...

Why is it that the "squirrel" face is our go to expression for everything! Vampires, crazy face, scared face, Kristaaan, you name it. Mom is such a mug!

maggie said...

nothing says happy anniversary like a little "good game" butt tap! ;)

Lou said...

Wank.
You are hilarious. Happy thyroid, happy sod, happy anniversary (I really thought about you and was going to text you...but I didn't), happy Jack, Happy 4th. You rule. You are an insanely good writer, and I wish I would've let you tutor me a little more in college.

Good post. Maybe when I come home one day, I can lay on your lawn?

Jessie said...

The Crawf gang and the Wank gang should've gone to Eclipse together. We definitely would have been kicked out! Love the chipmunk...I mean rat... No wait...squirrel, yea squirrel faces. Good times!