11.26.2009

Danke

Today I am thankful for lots of things.
I am thankful that I took such a useful language in High School such as German

(note the title of the post)

I find myself using my Deutsch all the time… so much more useful than, say, Spanish.

And, such a beautiful language.

mmmm

.....

I am thankful for Jack’s incredible Thanksgiving outfit. Those pants. Wow.

.....

I am thankful for the fact that I am not in Ikea Hell (pardon the language) tonight like I was 3 nights ago.

It’s a long story.

Just know that it was like hell.

But, worse.

.....

I am thankful that I did not take clogging until I was 18 years old.

Sorry Kate.

Sorry Annie.

The recent surfacing of the old clogging video made me grateful for hanging up the old tappers when I was 13.

I’m just saying.

(Sorry to mock your dream, but, yes, Kate, I took this off the BYU clogging website. That may or may not be our distant cousin)

.....

I am thankful for the Johnson’s baby lotion bottle that keeps Jack occupied just long enough for me to get him dressed before he shimmies away from me.

I am thankful that we now have a second child in our home.

This MONSTER of a TV.

Days of Our Lives times 100!!

Oh, and I might be thankful for my 2:00 daily fix of Days.

Go on, judge me.

.....

I’m thankful for the movie Anchorman.

I watched it for like the 55th time today.

I suppose it would be fair to say that I’m thankful for Will Ferrell, in general.

.....

.....

I’m thankful for Jack’s thumb.

.....

I’m thankful for Kneader’s grilled cheese sandwiches.

.....

I’m thankful for my dreamy fireplace.

.....

I’m thankful for the 4 kinds of pie I tasted today.

....

.....

....

As I was thinking of particular things I was thankful for today, and the above came to mind, sure…it seemed a bit superficial.

A bit shallow.

However, the true reasoning is that it doesn’t take Thanksgiving for me to recognize all the incredible things I have to be grateful for.

Like…

Brett.

His hard work. His humor. His talents. His companionship.

.....

My sweet healthy, happy Jack.

Doctors that helped Jack be healthy.

Babies in jammies.

.....

My overwhelmingly amazing family.

.....

Living close to my overwhelimingly amazing family.

.....

Fave 5 Minutes on my cell phone to call and talk to my overwhelmingly amazing family.

.....

Staying home with Jack

.....

A wonderful home.

.....

Laughter.

.....

A life enriched every day by all of the amazing people in it.

.....

However, not a day goes by when I am not thankful for these things

So, this Thanksgiving I let myself be thankful for my soap opera, grilled cheese, and past clogging decisions, too.

Because if not today, then when?

.....

I truly love this holiday. Love the food. Love the long weekend. Love the family-ing.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Glückliches Erntedankfest!

(Happy Thanksgiving)

Oh, and thank you Google Images for never letting me down.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my Jack!! Cutest outfit ever...oooh I want to just kiss his little cheeks off! And I have a correction, I was 17 not 18 when I retired from clogging. Also I agree with your stance on Days and no more trips to Ikea. That last picture is ridiculous! I laughed out loud when I saw it. I want you to know you make my top ten list of things I'm thankful for. What, oh what would I do without you in my life? I can't even imagine it. Sure missed you yesterday...Love you pal!

huggin said...

I would have posted a comment to give you two much quicker had I thought to get on the computer at all this weekend. Also i think the things that you are grateful for are not superficial at all but are totally wonderful! Your google image search never ceases to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I am also so grateful I took German from 7th grade to 11th grade. It has really been useful. There are just so many Germans around that I need to converse with!! But, I can't say I regret one day with Frau Bills (or Frau Fry after the wedding). Jack in his jammies is quite the little dream come true. And, I would not put it past YOU to add days to your list of things you are thankful for!!

KristenJohnson said...

WOW!! I am thankful for Days too, so don't be ashamed! You can count on me at 2 watching Days also!! You are amazing!!