11.06.2009

five

...
So, the other night, Jack and I were having a playful evening rolling and giggling around the house. I took our playfulness to a higher level and Jack found himself on my shoulders gallivanting around the house. I suddenly felt that egg cracking on the head sensation and galloped straight to a mirror where I found Jack with the HUGEST smile peeking out from over my head.
Oh, and a oozing puddle of spit up.
.....
Disgusting? To say the least.
Utterly captivated by him still? Absolutely.
...
Spit up and all, this kid is dreamy.
...
...
And he's 5 months old today.
Has it possibly been 5 months, already? Really? 5?
......H
How glad am I that it is not last month at this time? Remember that little surgery that marked Jack's four month birthday?
Well, Jack's fourth month lent itself to nothing but speedy healing, lots of smiles, lots of growth, and lots of relief! This sweet boy laughs and smiles and is so content with life.
I'd say that about 92% of the time, he finds me hilarious.
The other 8% might already be embarrassed of me. Whatever.
.....
.....
These cheeks are more than I can bare.
.....
We spent Jack's monthly birthday today visiting the park with Annie and her boys.
....
The weather was lovely. Love it.
.....
.. Hank and Max ripping it up on the slide.
Heavenly Jack
These 2 are destined to be best friends.
Annie watched Jack while I scoped out the playground for future obstacle courses.
(for Annie and I, of course)
....
I could hardly contain Jack's excitement with this slide.
The carnage from rolling down the hill. I think Annie is in a neck brace now. I, for one, had perfect form.
I'm sure my rolling down the hill was not one of those times Jack was embarrassed of me.
....
Thanks Griffins for a usual great time!
I particularly enjoyed explaining to Hank why he could pee outside and why his mom and I would be arrested if we did.
Can I just say how much I LOVE living by my sisters and their kids?
Nothing better.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Let me tell you whats better than living by your sisters...having one who blogs precisely 10 minutes after our outing! Love the recap sis--can't wait for our obstacle course. I think it should end by rolling down the hill. I think I'll be out of my neck brace by next week some time. Remember how we timed each other on our obstacle course that one day...I mean, we were totally joking around, not serious at all! Ahhhhhhh, we are awesome. I love Jack and those CHEEKS! Can't believe it's been 5 months with that little bloke.

jackiewankier said...

How about living 3 minutes from your mother? Even though I was having lunch with my high school friends, I was with you in spirit...cuz like I am with you most of the time, anyway..the pictures are adorable and looked like you had a fabulous time..next time, I will be there..oh, wait...what about tonight?

Anonymous said...

So cute! I am so happy to see that Jack (and you) were getting crazy on the slide!!! Party!! And, that hill rolling looked intense. Jack is pretty much the cutest thing in the world. And, I hate how cute you and Annie look in these pictures. You always have the most perfect outfits on. I just might look at your pictures multiple times to see what I can pull out of my closet that sorta-kinda resembles your clothes!!!

annie and jared said...

sar, you are the cutest. jack is looking so big and handsome! if i ever have a spare second again in my life, i would love to play with you (maybe when this semester ends!)