11.01.2009

Halloween Rewind

.....
This was last year.
***Our announcement to my family that baby Jack was on his way came in the form of a stork pumpkin, carved by who else?
...
My McGuiver.
....
Let's be honest, the guy's incredible.
(might I add that he pulled this out of his hat in approximately 5 minutes)

***

**

This is this year.

.....

Both rather exciting, really.

.....
But, I'd take this anyday over a pumpkin.

Here are a few highlights from the past few days of festivities:
........
PUMPKIN CARVING WITH THE GRIFFIN FAMILY:
Halloween Eve
.....
Although, I think it might have been rigged....Hank won the carving contest.
Annie's pumpkin wasn't all that impressive.
Randy was sure a happy carver.
Brett was all buisness.
We talked my mom into carving a pumpkin.
She worked really hard, as you can see from her "concentration face."
Her arm still hurts apparently.
Final Product (top to bottom, left to right)
Mom, Randy/Hank, Mine (yes I'm an art teacher), Brett
Brett #2, Annie, No one will claim the ghost.
...
GRANDMA JOANNE'S:
Halloween Day
Jack with his BEAUTIFUL cousin, Lucy.
The Rats:
Max (minus his monkey costume), Lucy, Jack, Isabel, Hank (totally in character!)
....
HALLOWEEN NIGHT
.....
Of course, it wouldn't be Halloween without a napless, grouchy baby.
Jack wasn't feeling it early in the evening.
But snapped out of it before the night was over.
So lucky to live by all 4 grandparents.
.....
Hope you all had the
HAPPIEST HALLOWEEN
.....
I really do like this silly holiday.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Ahh the ghost...true art there. I think McGuiver may be in an artistic slump with that one. It says you posted this 2 days ago but those pictures were taken last night? Freaky!

Robyn Cox said...

Jack's first Halloween!! How exciting! Too bad he just doesn't get it! lol.
He sure does look cute and cuddly in his costume--love it!
I must say you guys really are expert pumpkin carvers. Nice work!

Bianca said...

oh my lion king. he is the CUTEST! i love your posts, i always look forward to them and those pictures:) we miss you guys! brett called greg today? He was excited but couldn't pick up... we are not made of money, you know? :) loves xo

annie and jared said...

looks like a lively halloween sar.. and jack is the cutest little lion of them all! I am way impressed with your pumpkin skills! good work pal. I also totally agree with the ghost-bake-doorbell ditch. I was a victim this year as well- ha ha!

hayleyrowan said...

what a cute lion!! impressive pumpkin carving. remind me never to get in a carving contest with Brett, he looks extremely serious.