12.02.2009

An Amusing Morning

A play by play of our morning today:
.....
We were in the midst of our morning routine of eating, bathing, and getting dressed.
.....
8:30
There I was admiring how adorable my little buddy was as he was joyfully splashing in his tub. Suddenly a change in his expression and an abrupt interruption in his splashing told me that Jack was up to no good.
I quickly hoisted him from the tub...and sure enough...
.....
Poop.
.....
"Oh, crap," I muttered.
(slightly amused at the irony of my statement)
.....
Jack was tossed onto his towel like a naughty little puppy to wait until I cleaned up his damage.
.....
I found him like this...
proud as a peacock.
.....
.....
After some serious disinfecting and re-bathing, it was time for the circus of getting dressed.
.....
8:45
(Jack's response to me catching him)
.....
.....
8:55
Bribed to sit still with the old Tylenol-bottle-trick.
.....
9:10
Finally ready for the day...
and exhaaaausted.
Little turd.
(but a really cute little turd)
..........
Total "getting ready" time: 40 minutes.
.....
(other than poop fishing)
I loved every one of them.

5 comments:

hayleyrowan said...

that's so cute. my mornings are very similar. a few weeks ago i put her in the tub and noticed she had gone to the bathroom all over me! lovely. jack looks so proud of himself!

Annie said...

Jack looks so old! He's sitting up, crawling, pooping in the tub and playing with his weiner...next thing you know he'll be addicted to chap stick and toon town.

Annie said...

I totally spelled wiener wrong...i before e, I know I know!

Jessie said...

So freakin' cute! Tell Annie that I think she spelled weiner right the first time.

Jenny said...

So glad you could experience a turtle in the tub...now you are officially a mom!!! LOL! He's such a big boy now.