8.19.2009

Tomorrow...

I'm leaving this

*****

To be with this

This may be the creepiest child I've ever seen.

He may have been the midget in Twin Peaks.

He has murder in his eyes.

*******

**But only for 4 hours.

*****

School starts tomorrow.

*****

This school year I am lucky enough to be a mom 95% of the time.

*****

I'm also lucky that for 5 % of my time, I get to teach.

*****

I will be working Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-1:15.

*****

*****

I will be a 2nd grade music teacher.

Just like this fly honey that graces Google Images when you search for a music teacher.

Good thing I already have my blue pedal pushers and electric guitar ready.

Do...re..mi... **********

And I'll be a 2nd grade art teacher.

Just like this legend of Lone Peak HS. For all you LP bloggers...you know Myra.
Myra showed up on Brett's doorstep during the summer once to ask him if he wanted to do a 2-man art show with her.
Myra is an Indian loving, deer worshiping genius.

Pretty sure she wrote some Indian word in Brett's yearbook. (see above)

Translated: I want you. Bad. *****

***** I'll also be a Kindergarten PE teacher.

"It's not a toooma!"

*****

*****

*****

Take the above three pictures, mix them together, and there you have me. *****

Excellent.

******

*********This year seems so easy compared to my past teaching. I realize teaching kids to read, write, and count doesn't even compare to the importance of teaching kids to color, bang on a tambourine, and play kickball, but for some odd reason,this year just seems easier. It'll be great to keep my foot in the door, and it allows me to entertain my love of teaching. The luckiest part of the whole thing is that Jack gets to spend time with his two very capable grandmas while I'm gone.

Even better, I get to see this when I get home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I know it sounds easy, but I am not so sure that I could teach art and music...even to those under 7! Primary colors is about all I can handle. You'll do great. I will warn you that it is going to suck leaving Jack at first, but it will get easier. You are so lucky that he gets to go to his grandma's instead of daycare. I am pretty sure that he won't get put down once all day long so, no worries!!!

Annie said...

Oh my music teacher!! That picture is truly frightening but not as frightening as that creep-o kid. What google images are you looking at? Totally Twin Peaks addition! I really think, in time, you will love having a little break in your day. Thank the lord above for our sweet mama! What, oh what would we, or our kids do without her?

Lucky 7s said...

Your blogs are awesome. Jack is beautiful. Is it ok to call a boy beautiful?? Yes!

annie and jared said...

Wow Sar, this post just made me really happy.
#1 i love myra, even though she loathed me if you recall.
#2 ilove that wonderous creature, also known as the "music teacher" according to google images.
#3 Jack is so stinkin cute i could die.

The last post made me sad though, i am so sorry to hear about the scary news! i really hope the mri gives good news, and they don't have to operate. how SCARY! i would freak out for sure. you guys are strong though. you will be in our prayers.

annie and jared said...

oh and P.S....
#4 last but not least... that demon nose-picker officially has me terrified.