7.02.2009

The Year of Wood

Did you know that the traditional gift for your 5 year wedding anniversary happens to be wood? (That is random and wrong in so many ways.) The modern gift is silverware. Since today happens to be our 5 year anniversary, I've been stewing over getting Brett a walking stick or a new spoon. Any suggestions? Crazy to think that Brett and I have been together for 8 years now. It all started as a high school rebound... we were practically babies (hormonal babies). It's always been a debate over who made the first move... but, I think I'm ready to take credit for it now- because it turned into something pretty dang cool. We've accomplished a lot in 5 years... school, graduations, jobs, houses, and that amazing little smoosh that we call Jack. Without getting too sappy (who am I kidding...we were founded on the sap... if you ask me I might have to deny wearing bracelets with each other's names during high school..mmmm) can I just say that I totally lucked out?
I am married to an absolute genius. A good looking genius. A good looking genius with insane talents. A good looking genius with insane talents and a really good heart. Although I try to deny it sometimes, he's pretty freaking hilarious too. Oh yeah, and he loves me...coolest thing ever!. I've always felt so lucky and proud to show off my Brett..and now, 5 years later, I feel luckier and more proud than ever. Happy Anniversary Brett! Thanks for marrying me and putting up with me and letting me be yours. I've loved you for 1/3 of my life and can't imagine life without you.
So, you can all go gag now. I'm going to pick up that walking stick....

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm not gagging--tearing up...maybe. You two are perfect for each other. I love you both and happy anniversary! By the way, Scott could totally hook you up with a custom carved walking stick for the Scoutmaster.

Anonymous said...

5 years!! Holy smokes. And, to think our missionary days seem not too long ago. I can still remember you pretending to be Anna from Portimo (spelling?) and having whatever his name is that was roommates with Andy Belly (haha) call and speak a little Portuguese. Oh my gosh!! I am dying laughing to myself right now. And, remember that one guy named Tyler who asked you out in Cedar and since you were the truest girl I have EVER known to a missionary, you told him you were cleaning your closet? That was your honest reason for not being able to go on the date. Priceless.

Brett is so lucky to be married to you. I only got to live with you for one year and I even know what an amazing roommate you are! He is one lucky guy to have you as a lifetime roomy. Congrats guys!

Bianca said...

you guys are MFEO. I remember when Brett came home and I met you guys at his parents'. that was cute. wish i could've come by with greg the other day to see you and Jack! xo

reno and mel said...

Hey sarah! congrats on the anniversary and congrats on your little boy! He is adorable!!