7.10.2009

Be Prepared World...

Brett is the SCOUTMASTER in our ward. And, for anyone who has seen me pouting around this week being extra NEEDY (because I'm usually just needy) that would be because Mr. Scoutmaster is away at Scout Camp for the week...sniff sniff.
Brett is after all perfect for this job (being McGuiver and all).
As much as I wish this was a picture of Brett...it is simply an image of what I can hope for for the future. Brett definitely does have an official scout shirt, and I definitely had to put the above SCOUTMASTER badge on it just minutes before he departed for scout camp (whose life are we living anyway?) I tried to talk him into the shorts to make the ensemble complete...but apparently mens scouting shorts aren't "modest" enough for Brett. I can only hope for a mustache to develop during his reign.
Now I'm sure that the above man is a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, etc. However, let it not go unnoticed that he is obviously also one heck of a scouter. Check out the merit badges! What a decorated scout. I would wager good money that he could start a fire before you could recite the scouting oath (is there such a thing?) Check it out folks, this man even earned a medal and one stunning 'kerchief.
I dream of the day that Brett reaches such a status and some sorry sap uploads a google image of his scouting achievements for their blog.
And last but certainly not least...let us not forget the one who really paved the way for scoutmasters globally....
You know... Michael Jackson. ???????????????????????????????????????????
Dear Google Images, WHY?
Well, hopefully Brett returns with a polished moonwalk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a blog and didn't tell me!!!!!?!!!! Grrrr! I have been missing so many exciting posts! I have caught myself up and will be adding you to my friends list so as to never miss one again! You little guy is to die for! Congratulations sarah!

Annie said...

You failed to mention that your best friend is also missing in action this weekend, or have you already forgotten about me! I can still check on you from Chicago--love you man, I'll be home soon.

KristenJohnson said...

Sarah, ok that is the funniest post I think that I have ever read!! You kill me! And by the way, I can totally see Brett as the perfect Scoutmaster!! It is perfect for him! But sad for you! Thanks for the great laugh! Let's get together sometime soon. I miss you and want to see your adorable baby!

Jenny said...

Way to go Brett! I'm sure those little guys will just love him! Michael must have been the ultimate boy scout...I'm sure he was always "Prepared" when he was with the troop on those secluded camping trips. He probably had an XL king size blow up bed in his tent.

OK...that was probably uncalled for. I know we're all still grieving from his loss. Sorry MJ fans. My bad ;)