7.20.2009

Jack's Blessing

On Sunday, the 19th, we blessed little Jack at my parent's house. I can't believe he's already 6 weeks old! First a blessing...then he'll be getting married and leaving his mama...nooooooooooo! It was such a nice day (minus a nasty spill by our niece and nephew... poor things! luckily, they're ok!) and my parent's house and yard looked beautiful as always. It was incredibly HOT seeing as we had it at 5:00 and outside (which explains why I look like I just jumped out of a crock pot in every picture). Brett did such an amazing job and said ALL the things I could ever hope for my little buddy. Jack was such a good boy all day and we were so lucky to have so much family there to support us and Jack.
Thank you to everyone who made it... it made it all the more special of an occasion to have you all there!
Thank you mom and dad for all of your help and for letting us use your amazing house!
Here are some pics from the big day... proof of all the love this little boy already has surrounding him! (sorry so many picts..had to get everyone in!)
A shout out to my sister Kate for her excellent job as the photographer...she took her responsibility very serious. Sorry to anyone we missed... it was a bit chaotic!
Brett looking at a freshly blessed Jack. Ahhhh...they did it! Brett gave a stellar blessing & Jack made it through it without crying! You can see Jack's awesome horseshoe hair perfectly in this picture!

Grandma & Grandpa Wankier Trio and my little smoosh Adam and Zetta

(Tolmans...you are the biggest troopers I know!)

Max brewing up a 2 year old plan to either play with the knives or serve Jack with a high-energy bottle feeding...cutest little rat ever! Dan & Missie (random duo?!?!) Shawna, Clayt, and Brynne
(We were so lucky to have you here from Colorado!)
Jack's Cousins: Rachel, Sarah, Bjornn, Dallan, Brynne Great Grandma Vona, Wax Figure Sarah, Great Grandpa Sherm and Jack Ammon, Tana, Michelle, Zetta, Soren

Grandma & Grandpa with a very hot Jack

Chloe, Grant, Hayley, Isabel, Gabe, Monet My 2 little boys I'm sure this was taken right after I got done telling Jack to never leave me.

Great Grandparents Karl & Joanne.

(I'd love to know what Heber and Jack are exchanging looks about!)

Kate, the photographer of the day herself & an apprehensive Jack

Aunt Annie (Jack is like: "pshaw! I'm way too cool for this!")

Cutest Duo Alive: Jack and Hank

I'm pretty sure Hank is already and will always be this little boy's hero.

Jil & Philly

(You look so happy, Phil!)

More adorable cousins: Bjornn, Dallan, Rachel, Liam, Mya, Michael, Anna, Craig

(missing a few due to the "accident" :( )

Hayley & her future son-in-law Jack

(Incest, what? Hey, grandpa's sister married her cousin, why can't Jack & Monet?)

Grandma Jackie looked way too fab not to post this picture.

Randy, Annie & the Wankier rats

Jack was utterly exhausted from the day. I set him in his crib, not quite asleep, and found him minutes later sucking his thumb to sleep. His blessing turned him into a genius!

8 comments:

maggie said...

Thanks for the tantrumn advice! (but ya know, he was bottle fed too, so maybe that random stranger in the line at the grocery store was right... he's gonna be short, stupid and hate me! He's just getting a head start on the hating me part! ;))

And some day can I meet your little man? He and Miles can totally be buds!

Annie said...

Hank is OBSESSED with Jack. He was totally pissed off when anyone tried to take him away. I can't blame him, Jack is the most precious little ball ever. What a lucky little boy, to have such an amazing mom and dad. Brett did such a great job. Sarah, you looked fab, by the way...totally not like you just jumped out of a crock pot or a wax museum!

Rachel said...

Sarah,

Your little guy is adorable! Congrats on the new little addition. Being a mom is the best. Good to see you in the blogging world my dear! (Promise I am not trying to be creepy:))

Bianca said...

ahh, i wish we could've come by sunday. stupid sumo. you guys look lovely. jack just gets cuter and cuter. is that even possible?

Robyn Cox said...

Darling, darling pictures Sarah! I love seeing pics of the family. Everyone looks wonderful. Jack is just a cute little ball of love. Thanks for sharing his blessing day.

melimba said...

dear dear sarah!

i found your blog through annie-face and I am SO happy I did!
wonder of wonder! joy of joys!

little jack is darling. just adorable, really.

mega props to you. good work. i love that you and brett are married. i love that you now have a little wee one too.

so many good things.
great job. let's be blog friends forever.
xoxo
melis

www.melis-aaron-life.blogspot.com

huggin said...

It's funny because as i glanced through I did not see a crock pot or wax museum in sight! you looked great. I am trying to figure out how i can be an honorary Wankier... how cute is Jack sucking his little thumb!

annie and jared said...

cute cute cute.. i still want to come and see you and jack and i am NOT just saying that to say that!!! i will call you this next week and come down ok? ok.