7.27.2009

Roughin It With the Wankiers

Over the 24th weekend, I was able to spend 3 1/2 days with all my favorite people on this earth. The Wankier clan packed up and headed for the mountains to stay at this man's cabin at Sundance(the paparazzi couldn't get enough of us while we were there)! We were seriously hooked up with his sweet cabin for a long weekend. Thank you Grandpa (who was his coach at BYU), and thank you pioneers- you rock!
While we were there we went to Cascade Springs, ate, hiked Stewart Falls, ate, chilled in hot tubs, roasted marshmallows, ate, killed bees, slip n' slid, ate, dance partied, and tried our best to keep little Max clothed.
Jack was a first class champ and slept like an angel, endured hot hikes, and absolutely loved all the love from his 4 darling cousins (I think he officially knows all the words to "Boom Boom Pow" now thanks to them).
To my fam:
There are no other people I'd rather hang with. I adore you all. I already miss you.
Good thing you all live 5 minutes away. Here are some highlights from the weekend (but you probably already saw them on TMZ since we're pretty much celebs now). You can also go to this mug's blog for more Wankier-rama. As you can see below, we really invited the pioneer spirit as our living quarters made life really rough.
4 large rooms and adjoining full bathrooms really sucked. Bed faced and all utterly in love with eachother.
(They were pretending to be married here)
Jack demanded a custom-fit golden tub...such a diva.
Jack geared up and ready to rip it up at Cascade Springs. (He slept the entire time!)
Me and Lucy at Cascade Springs Jack and this baby bird really related to each other. We discovered the power of peer pressure as the crowd chanted our names to do the slip n' slide. In a few short moments, Annie and I found it to bring sheer joy (and pain). As you can tell by my form, I obviously won our friendly competition. The losers of this game were the children, as Annie and I refused to let them have a turn. Thank goodness Kate took over for Jack's neglegent mother.

Riding the lift at Sundance. (Dad was being shy.)

Griffin Fam on the Lift We missed the Ross fam this morning!

Brett carried this little ball for our 3 hour hike to Stewart Falls. Jack didn't squeak a peep except to ooh and aah at the beautiful scenery.

Randy, Mom, Dad on our Hike Rangling Max in Style at the Falls

We were pretending to be on Lost at this point. Annie devoted a lot of time to looking for Jin.

This is the closest we came to "rougin it."

Kate stepped in as Jack's mother again while his mom stuffed her face with a s'more (or 5).

Brett hand carving individualized walking sticks for all the kids. He'll be carving outside of the Lehi Albertson's on Saturdays from now on if you'd like one.

The finished product... pretty amazing.

Hank and Brett take their relationship to the next level while watching Ironman on the plasma.

Jack's face pretty much sums up the whole trip... delightful!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Brilliant recap Sar! I was looking for Sayid when we were playing Lost...get it right and I love peer pressure because it got your mug to slip n' slide with me...although it didn't take much coaxing. I told Randy our plans for today and he said "Aren't you sick of your family yet?" to which I quickly replied "NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

huggin said...

Excellent post! The cabin looked amazing, I am glad that you posted some pictures of the interior. I loved the "Lost" picture and the last one of Jack and his precious little face.

Annie said...

Ha Ha I have more comments than you on this post! I rule.

Jenny said...

Holy smokes Batman....that cabin is super chill! Your Grandpa (aka-Bob's BFF) has all the hook ups! I'm glad you had such a great time. Looks like Jack had a blast too. K..the more I read your blog, the more I miss ya! Seriously Timma...let's get together!

joanne said...

Sarah, I finally got your blog right, and have just looked at your "cabin" pictures about three times! They are great...you really should have gone into photography! Oh, that's right, you have a perfect subject, living in your house. Just keep those pictures coming.
Good to see all of you tonight, except for Brett, but he doesn't seem to change as much as baby Jack...miss seeing the babies more than five days at a time..you all live to far away.
That's all..good night, and we love all of you!
jt

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you were really roughin' it...especially Jack in the gold lined personal tub! That was such a cute picture. And, I really hope you guys found Jin!!

Jessie said...

Will you guys adopt me? My family (aka ma and pa) don't like to be around us kids much. So if it's all the same to you, I'll get the adoption papers in the works. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!! Ask Brett what time he'll be at the Albertson's so I can get me one of those sweet sticks!!