3.15.2012

While We Wait...

The recent days seem to be filled with a whole lot of....
WAITING.
Baby could come any day now....the calendar is all but cleared... and the current state of my body tends to limit us from getting too crazy around here!
But, that hasn't stopped Jack and I from trying to have some fun one-on-one time together during the day while we can.

Monday, we went to the 11 am showing of the Lorax....genius time to catch a movie, btw.
Grandma Jackie joined us...



and we were the ONLY 3 in the theater!
My mom is a saint...I don't think Jack and I could have survived the last month without her company!

Most days consist of some outing with my mom.
When an outing doesn't happen...we usually end up with a visit to Annie's house...or a visit from her to our house!


With the warmer weather this week,
Jack and I have spent a fair share of our time blowing bubbles....

and visiting the park with our regular buddies- Grandma, Annie, Max, and Sam.



We do plenty of hanging around the house... playing hide and seek, basketball, catch, and humoring each other.

We are constantly taking walks around the neighborhood to throw rocks in the sewer grates and visit the chickens and horses.

Our walks typically turn into me running in a panic to catch Jack-- who refuses to keep the pace of a very pregnant mom.


 It's a good thing Jack will, in fact, stop running once in a while, and will lay low with me.
We watch more "showies" than I'd like to admit...

 
 but this little nut serves up a mean cuddle...

and he most definitely makes the waiting game bearable...even with his irrational two-year old tendencies!


Every day I battle a range of emotions from excited to guilty to nervous to giddy to impatient to sentimental.
We're getting awfully anxious for this little bean to get here-- but, I have to remind myself that he is in fact coming...and these days, too, are precious!

And so...we wait.





2 comments:

Annie said...

Beautifully put as always. Why is living in the moment so hard sometimes? Maybe it has something to do with the 10 pound baby residing in your belly! Rest assured you will always have me to get you through those emotional, anxious times. I can't wait for my sweet nephew to arrive.

I am disappointed the picture you sent me yesterday didn't make it on the blog. Lame.

Anonymous said...

So, this post is so cute! And, as weird as this may sound - beautifully written. Seriously, as I neared the end I thought, "That was beautifully written. She's got some skillzzzz!"

So, there you have it. A former/has-been 6th grade language arts teacher admiring your writing.

The waiting game is a rough one. But, at least your belly is cute:)