3.25.2012

To Jack: On the Eve of Becoming a Big Brother


Oh My Sweetest Jack,


It is night before you become a big brother, and I think you should know
(one day when you can read of course...)
that on this night my thoughts are very much focused on you.

Of course I am so very excited to meet your little brother tomorrow, and can hardly wait to see what traits he has that are alike and different from you.
(Not to mention what we're going to name this little guy.)

But I can't help but think of all you've done to get us ready for this new baby.
You taught us how to be parents.
Taught me how to be a mom.
You have been the patient guinea pig...
Your siblings will surely thank you one day.

Your brother is so incredibly lucky to have you to look up to, and I am so excited for him to watch you and learn from you.

You are my sweet sweet boy.
And we have so loved having you all to ourselves.

Just as we will love getting to share you with your brother.

I'm so proud of you for how big you're getting.
And I cherish every day we've spent...growing up together.

Thank you, Jack.
For setting the bar high for all of your siblings.
And for us as parents...
Who want nothing more than to make you as happy as you make us...
 every single day.


Tomorrow's a Big Day for Us, Buddy!
Congratulations, Big Brother!


Love you love you love you love you!

Your Mama

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I had to grab a kleenex! So sweet. Jack is lucky to have you as a mom. Good luck today! Can't wait to meet Nameless Jones

Annie said...

No wonder you're an emotional mess! With sentimental thoughts like that I would never stop crying. So beautifully written as always. Jack is the luckiest little boy ever to have you and Brett as parents. This new little baby totally hit the jack pot entering your family. You're going to do great today. I love you sis!

Lucky 7s said...

Very sweet!!!