3.24.2012

Leading Up to D-Day at the Dinosaur Museum

Friday marked one of my last days before baby.
It appears at this point, that baby is staying put until they induce me on Monday.
Hormonal/guilty moments definitely hit me at various times...and the thought of it being my last weekday in our routine as we know it got me itching to take Jack to do something fun.

We got our bones ready...got my mom on the bandwagon...and we took a little field trip to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.

Despite some serious 2-nearing-3 year old moments getting out the door...Jack was a pleasant little pooch at the museum.

He loved playing with the water, sand, and dinosaurs on the Erosion Table.







He also loved eating the Swedish Bish grandma so thoughtfully threw in the bag on his behalf.


Magnet Bones

Totally into posing for a picture with this "Shart"

Digging for Bones


Educating Himself


(a really close look at some bugs in a tree)


They also had an Exhibit on Display called Notion of Motion..and this scientific art display might have beat the Dinosaur Museum in Jack's eyes.

This funnel was the ultimate highlight of Jack's day. 
Possibly because it involved balls.
I swear to you...there has never been a kid more obsessed with balls.
I was fine with it...as I just beached my fat-A on a bench nearby and let him go to town.






Making Cloud Rings with Grandma


Pendulum Partay!


So-- this last part of the exhibit started out as a real success...

This table had a magnetic piece of metal that spun in the middle..where you threw different objects on it to watch them spin.
2 of the objects to choose from where a pool ball (again...BALL), and a wooden stick.


Jack was in heaven scooting the pool ball with the wooden stick to the center of the table...when suddenly he got the genius idea that he wanted to keep these 2 pieces of the museum forever and ever.
He hopped off of the platform...ball in one hand...stick in the other... and you have never seen a kid run faster in your life.

Meanwhile...

 My mom was captivated by another display in the museum - how dare she?
(love her face here! she's such a mug)

Which left me...offensively pregnant...chasing him out the door...past the customer service desk...back into the Dinosaur Museum...and all the way back to the digging station where Jack was frantically trying to hide his new possessions in the sand.
When I say "chasing" I do mean running...or trying to at least.
Oh dear.

You can imagine the "oh sad" looks I got trying to keep up.

Jack was fine when I stripped him from the digging room...but not so fine when I made him return the ball and stick. 

And then...we were done.

He sat in the car with his blanket over his head for about 10 minutes...
And then emerged laughing hysterically...ready to be friends again.

Are all 2.5+ year olds bi-polar?

It was a great way to spend our last mom + Jack day... and I'm so thankful my mom came along to help Jack and to help ME...again!

In other news...
I just had to add a little image of what takes up the rest of Jack's time:

Do you think he likes basketball hoops?


And...this is a shot I took of myself as I was pacing my driveway late the other night in an attempt to go into labor.

Oh, snap.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh snap indeed! In less than 24 hours I will have another nephew and I can't wait. My kids were both bipolar until age 4, and they still have their moments. Jack is such a little punk making you sprint through the dinosaur museum. Too bad mom was too busy learning to chase after him. That picture is hilarious.