3.04.2012

Snow Hookie!

Friday morning brought SNOW! Finally.
Sadly, Jack hardly even knows what snow is because I'm quite certain he has no recollection of the last two winters--and we haven't had any snow this year worth noticing.

As Jack and I sat in our regular morning spot... we got a text from Annie daring us to come over to play in the snow.  It was barely 8:00, and I didn't take it seriously.
Until...
I thought a little more about Annie.
She would do it.
She always does fun and unexpected things with/for her kids.
I admire her ability to throw all the mundane out the window for a minute to indulge...
Such a wise choice.

So...I forgot about wiping my counters for the 99th time of the morning...left the laundry... threw getting ready out the window, and we were loaded in the car no later than 8:15!

Not only am I lucky Annie is my sister, Jack is incredibly lucky she is his aunt.
She had her gear on as soon as we got there...and was ready to take over Jack duty and introduce him to some real snow playing.

Seeing as Sam and I don't really fit the bill for snow playing at the moment, we chilled inside most of the time...
which was not a bad gig for me.

We watched out the window and were thoroughly entertained by these nut balls...
(thanks Annie for the added pictures I stole off of you!)




Jack's pose was 100% intentional on his part.

 I'm going to invent gloves that don't fall off of toddlers and make millions.




Thank you Annie & Max for getting us out for some spontaneous fun...and for showing Jack the snow-playing ropes.

We had a blast...and scored a yummy waffle from Annie while we were at it!

It's a good thing that Jack won't miss me for 2 seconds when I'm out of commission birthing his brother...
between the Griffins and my mom knowing and catering to his every need and quirky requests... who needs me?

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love how I can get you to do almost anything I suggest! Our spontaneous little adventures make me so happy. I don't know what I would do without my little posse.
Jack is like one of my own. I love that little nut job! Such a mug that kid.