6.24.2011

Rodeo and a Growing Boy

Last night was a whole family event at the Lehi Roundup Rodeo.
My grandpa would've loved it. ... ...
...
... ...
I wasn't so sure how Jack was going to do packed onto bleachers like sardines...but considering he was coming off of a 4.5 hour nap...he was in fine form and I'm so glad I brought him. It was so much fun (other than the dead baby bird that Jack found and threw...but that's another story I'm still dry heaving about)!
... ...
Forgive my blurry phone shots of the evening...there was way too much ruckus going on to focus on pictures. Plus I was hard at work pretending I was in Dillon, TX. (Friday Night Light fans?)
... ...
Jack made the rounds down the aisle throughout the night.
He was moderately interested in the animals.
...
He was, however, ridiculously interested in the tractors clearing the grounds, the train that kept passing by, Brett's face, the motocross performers, and a bag of licorice.
.... Oh...and being a nerd into the camera with me.
I couldn't have been happier that his sweaty little mug chose to sit on my lap most of the night.
...
That is a rarity when Brett is around. .......
...
Don't get me wrong, though.
There was plenty of loving Brett, too.
... I'm pretty sure he shoved at least 900 Mike N' Ikes in Brett's mouth throughout the night. Annie and General Grievous (Max) seeing whose mouth was bigger. .... Annie and I decided that there's just something about a cowboy. .... But...there's no way under the sun that our boys will be allowed to be rodeo cowboys. I found myself cringing in fear every time they went flailing around on a horse/bull. ...
Make plans to go to a rodeo this summer.
Trust me. It's a good time. ...
...
...
Now, in completely unrelated, but note worthy news....
...
Jack has made the doctor rounds this past week. First, we met up with Jack's spinal surgeon for a yearly post-op checkup on his back. It took all of 4 seconds for the doctor to look at Jack and determine that he's walking/moving just fine. So far so good with no anticipation of any future problems.
Phew.
I tell you what...after the year my family has had...you kind of have to expect the unexpected....especially when you're seeing a doctor!
...
Jack was cool as a cucumber.
Primary Children's aint got nothing on this kid.
...
(really eventful picts, I know. I had to steal my mom's phone to even document that the appt even happened). ....
....
Today, Jack had his 2 year checkup with the pediatrician. He was a bit leery of the women on staff...but was brave and calm with Dr. Weipert. He had one shot and took it like a champ and hasn't stopped saying "shot" since.
...
...
This is his post-shot face. Break my heart!
0..
...
...
.... The bottom line is....he is a happy, healthy, smart, growing boy!
...
And he's got a few people who kind of like him.
... ... Here are the stats:
Weight- 26.7 lbs (31%)
Height- 34.0 inches (44%)
A total stud.

2 comments:

Annie said...

My favorite part of his Dr.'s appointment was your surprise visit to my house! Nothing like an otter pop and a dino nuggget to make any vaccination feel better.

I agree the rodeo was a total success. I felt like Grandpa was right there watching it with us. I'm so glad I thought of it! I'm also glad an entire elephant could fit in my mouth. No wonder I'm so fat...ugh.

Sure love you and your growing little boy. Good Times at the Lehi Round-up fo shizzle.

Lucky 7s said...

Jack is a definite charmer!! He IS a total stud!!