6.10.2009

Happy Birthday Jack William Jones 06.06.09

He is here!
The post just under this one is the blog that sent me into labor! Well, not exactly... but essentially it was the blog that got things happening. I was up unable to sleep about 3:35 on Saturday, June 6th morning. I decided to update the ol' blog. By the end of my typing, my left hand was numb, my speech was slurred, mind was spinning, etc. etc. I woke Brett up, and obviously he was pretty freaked out and I was unable to communicate. (Brett says God doesn't want me blogging.) He called labor and delivery, and they were troubled and informed Brett those were not "normal" labor symptoms (really?). They sent us to the ER where they monitored me for stroke-like symptoms. (Yes, Goldie...this is EXACTLY what you went through). They did a CT Scan, put me on an IV, and kept me for observation for a bit. I was feeling ok at this point, Brett was starting to calm down as well. My mom got to the hospital about 9:30 and shortly after my symptoms returned. The doctors evaluated me (and the drooping left-side of my face) and were very concerned. I have had these symptoms before migraines before, but not for years. They did an MRI (worst 30 minutes of my life), and were able to conclude that I was not hemorrhaging or having a stroke, and attributed my symptoms to a "complicated migraine." Because of all of this, they decided that since it was my due date, taking the baby was the best decision. The rest is history. Here's our timeline: 11:15 am: Sent to Labor & Delivery

1:00 pm: Dilated to 3, Given Pitocin to Start Labor

3:30 pm: Given Epidural, SWEET! Sailed through contractions, kept company by sweet Brett and our families. (I'm looking into having an epidural everyday...)

3:45 pm: Water Broke- Dilated to 5

5:30 pm: Heavy Contractions Started (news to me!), Dilated to 9.5 Nurses Called for Dr. to Come (My doc was not on-call this day...or any of the days I was in the hospital. However, the on-call Dr. was AWESOME!)

7:15 pm: STARTED PUSHING

8:15 pm: Time they claim he should have been here... STILL PUSHING

8:45 pm: STILL PUSHING

9:00 pm: STILL PUSHING (I might have died for a few minutes here)

9:15 pm: STILL PUSHING & baby just moved under pelvic bone...HALLELUJAH!

9:30 pm: 900th promised time that he'd be here and wasn't... still pushing...

9:45 pm: Dr. uses forceps to help the little guy AND HIS MAMA

9:53 pm: JACK WILLIAM ARRIVES!!!

7 lbs. 10 oz. 19 inches

Yes, it may have been the longest 3 hours of pushing I could have ever imagined, but I did it! Brett was so amazing, the doctors/nurses were incredible, our family support was something to behold, and this little guy is absolutely PERFECT. He had some issues with his lungs right out of the shoot and spent some time on an IV in the Level 2 nursery getting better, but all is well now. We came home Tuesday morning and we absolutely cannot get enough of this little guy. He continues to make us laugh, cry, wonder, laugh, cry, wonder....

Bottom line, he followed his mommy's orders, came when he was due, is a healthy, adorable, and very loved little boy. Thank you so much to everyone who has been so supportive the past couple of days/10 months. Thank you to our amazing families and for so many hospital visits, phone calls, gifts, flowers, meals, etc. Jack is so lucky to come into his life with so much support already. It has been an amazing experience, and one I could have never prepared myself for. I'm sure the days that lie ahead will be filled with all sorts of blog-worthy adventures....I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat.....

Brand New (A little pale due to his low blood-oxygen levels...right before his IV)

Me and My Mommy

The New Dad

Feeling a bit better. I'll take credit for the cheeks.

Monet & Jack Meet

Grandma and Jack

I'm in love.

My Little Monkey

These 2 are destined to be best friends. (Max was more interested in the Nerf Gun)

Future Babysitter Lucy

Future Talent Coach Isabel

Aunt Michelle

Aunt Annie

Aunt Kate (All I can say is thank goodness for this little boy's amazing aunts. These ladies are just the support any new mom needs. Love you!)

Jack Discussing Hunting Plans with Grandpa Curt

A Visit From Our Good Friends Greg & Bianca

We love you so much Jack. Thank you for coming to us!

8 comments:

Robyn Cox said...

Congratulations Sarah and Brett! Little Jack is too cute for words! I love newborns that have chubby cheeks! He is perfect!
Welcome to the wild adventure of parenthood!! Jack is a lucky guy to have the two of you. Can't wait to meet him in person...

annie and jared said...

holy smokes sar.. when you post, you really POST! i think it would take all my energy to blog like you. i am so sorry for the long and scary labor.. how unfair that you had to go through all of that. but i am so excited for you and that little jack is doing well. he is probably the cutest little thing i have ever seen in my life, seriously.. good work you two. can't wait to see him in real life!

Esmerelda said...

Love the blog, Sarah! Love the fonts! Love the pictures! And the captions! What a doll, is Jack, and you and Brett, and the whole fam damily. Love you. Thanks for the blow by blow of the delivery. I'm so sorry you had to have that wretched MRI. The picture of Jack and Monet meeting is priceless! XOXOXOX.

Annie said...

I'm in love as well! What a little angel baby. Just plan on Hank and I coming over every night this summer...fighting for who gets to hold Jack. I'm so proud of you, I knew you could do it and you're going to be a wonderful mother.

Jenny said...

You win the best labor story of the year award! Holy cow...You are SUPER WOMAN! Wow...I'm speechless Sarah! But it looks like it was totally worth it! What a cute little guy. Congratulations!

Michelle said...

I love these pictures! Jack is seriously adorable! You both are going to be the best parents. Jack's a lucky little guy ;) Can't wait to watch him grow and play with Soren and Zetta. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have got to see this little guy in person! He is so cute!!! I think I am going to start blogging every hour on the hour if it brings on labor...well sort of. Maybe it will bring on weird symptoms of droopy face for me too. I am so sorry you had to get an MRI. I thought I was going to die! They are the absolute worst thing ever. After everything, my diagnosis was the same as yours...migraines. Wow. I couldn't believe that after all the drama I was Having a bad headache. I am sure you can relate. I am so happy for you. I want to come over tomorrow...and this time really come over. Sorry about today. Jax had a bit of a melt down needing a nap at the exact time I was in Lehi ready to come over. Anyway, I will call you tomorrow to see if you are going to be home. Hope everything is going well!!

Costanza said...

Yay! Jango made it! Would an epidural help me make it through my work day? That would be sweet...
Phil