6.21.2009

Dad's Day 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dad's in my life!

In just 2 short weeks, my sweet Brett has earned a holiday celebrating his dadhood. I am amazed at the way he has evolved. Just a month ago, he awkwardly attempted to burp our 6 month old niece, and now, he is a regular pro at swaddling, changing diapers, feeding/burping,etc. Not to mention, he is one pretty proud padre of little Jack.

This last week has been a bit rough as Brett has been deathly sick with the worst cold I have ever seen. He was tested for the old SWINE FLU earlier in the week, and thank goodness didn't have it. It's been pretty hard for him as he has had to keep his distance from Jack, but as you can see from the picture above, he can't stay away completely. Brett, although I blog much to your dismay, if you're reading this- Jack and I wish you a Happy Father's Day. I know Jack adores you, he tells me all the time. (and I adore you too.)
Now for my own papa. I'm just going to throw it out there that I have the coolest dad on the planet. I'm pretty sure that in the picture above, he's teaching me the Doors or something. Starting at a young age, I thrived on hanging with my dad. Even now, he's one of my favorite people to hang with and I look up to him and admire him for the great guy he is. I've always been so proud that he's my dad. Thanks for loving me, dad, and for sacrificing and working so hard to provide one heck of a life for me. I love you!
Jack loves you too.

Next, I'm going to throw it out there that I have the greatest father-in-law out there. (I'm also going to throw it out there that this picture was taken just after Brett's audition with the Harlem Globetrotters in '87). There are few people in this world who I respect more than this man. He is a wonderful father, grandfather, father-in-law, and an all around great guy. I know one of the main reasons Brett is already such a good dad is because of the example that he had in his own dad.

Jack is just waiting for him to take him out to JCW's!

And I could never forget these two men...my grandpas.

These two men have influenced my life just about as much as anyone. One day, when I grow up, I hope I'm just like them. When I look at these two I know without a doubt that they love me, and to me that is the definition of a grandpa. (and by the way... how cool is it that my grandpas are best buddies? )

Happy Father's Day to all of you.

I love you so much!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oh my tear jerker again! What the hell man? We do have the greatest dad in the world. I love that picture of you and him with the keyboard I think we still have in the playroom at moms. And our grandpas, I can't stand it! What an amazing tribute...can I just say dido?

Lucky 7s said...

Great post!