6.25.2014

Jack the Five Year Old


This little bundle of awesome is five.
And man is he something.


I know I quite frequently do little spotlight posts on my boys, so there probably isn't much that I haven't already made mention of... but, then again... with Jack... the details into his crazy little mind and world are endless!!!

First off... he's damn cute.
Ok, now that's out of the way.

Next importantly is this picture Brett snuck at church the other week when Jack was being sung to for his birthday in primary.

haHaHA!
Oh my disheveled.
So hilarious.
This expression about sums up Jack's feelings about primary these days.
Let's just say come primary hour, Jack would rather opt for a nap.
He's got plenty of theories about "Father Jesus", I think he's doing just fine. :)

Next, Jack at 5 (and 4 and 3...etc) cannot be described without bringing the zombies, skeletons, coffins, Halloween, and beyond into it.
You know how some kids grow out of their phases?
Not Jack.
They just get more intense.

Still rockin' the Judge Hopkins garb.

The other day, I found Jack not only dragging his little brother down the path of darkness, but also pushing their wagon around the neighborhood.
WITH A COFFIN IN IT.
nbd.



Jack is also incredibly lucky to be surrounded by so many people that will indulge in his nuttiness.  Just the other night he got to go to a big kids sleepover at Grandma Jackie's, and one of their activities was walking to the cemetery just for Jack.

Oh man, he hit the jackpot.

Especially when they found a JONES grave.


Little morbid?


As I have posted often in the past, one of my very favorite things about Jack is his love for dressing up and his incredibly vivid and wacky imagination.  I often joke that one day he is going to make us all millions with his creativity either on the stage/camera or behind them.  He is super dramatic, sings like a mockingbird, and man...when this kid gets a vision... WATCH OUT.

(pretty sure I've exhausted all my costume photos of Jack along the way, so this one of his shadow in their zombie shirts and sunglasses should suffice.)




Jack is a wonderful older brother.
He really is so kind to Tucker, and genuinely loves that he is getting old enough to play.
They spend all day every day together, and would be lost without each other. 
Tucker is usually the one ganging up on Jack, but he's quick to forgive and move on.
He's very patient with Tuck, which is quite a stretch for Jack...as patience isn't his strongest suit! 



Jack is an active boy and he LOVES to jump on the tramp and ride his scooter most.  He has recently discovered sprinklers under the tramp, water balloons, and the combination of the two.



Another one of my most favorite things about Jack is the fact that it is now the FIFTH birthday post I've written him, and I'm still able to brag about his NAP TAKING!
Every single afternoon STILL, this boy settles in and takes a multiple hour nap.
He's a real dream.


He also loves to come and snuggle with me in the mornings or afternoons if I'm taking a nap, and it's a highlight in life for me.


Who's gonna wake up first? We're both faking.


One thing that I really really really do not like that I will again be including in Jack's birthday post is that he is STILL A PICKY PICKY PICKY eater.
Man, it's a real issue.
And we fight it every day.
Little dude struggles like mad on the eating front, and he's practically as picky as he was 2 years ago. Bleh. 
By 6 will he grow out of it?
(please, please, please, please, please say "yes")



Along with Jack's awesome imagination comes with a boy who LOVES HIS TOYS.
Really.  You will never meet a 5 year old that takes better care of his toys. 
And he doesn't just have toys, he COLLECTS toys.
Rare ones.
Nut all around.


Currently, Legos are his #1.
I have a feeling that won't be changing any time soon.

As zany as Jack can be with his toys, I really love watching him play.
He has yet to enter the electronic/video game addiction phase (which will come I'm sure), and it really is something to see what he can built, create, and come up with on his own.

Jack is also really coordinated for his age.
He's getting really good at climbing, is great at hitting a ball with a bat, and can skip like it's nobodies business.
(can you tell I taught Kindergarten PE... I check off milestones in my mind constantly!)



Jack is a social boy... loved by all.
Seriously, he's so easy to adore.
He has the most endearing little personality, and he is just overall a really nice boy.
He loves meeting new friends, and is not an ounce shy.
A few minutes at a park, and he's introduced himself and is playing with new kids like their part of his family.  That is so NOT like me as a kid, it kills me!


Jack has grown up INCREDIBLE amounts this year.
He is learning so much, and is so curious about EVERYTHING.

He looks older.
He acts older.
I guess it's true.
He really is five.


Never in my wildest dreams could I have ever dreamed up Jack.
He is 100% unique.
Original to the core.
And I love and adore every last inch of his quirky little self.
He's been a sweetheart from day one, and I've always known he was going to be something special.
Every day... I'm more and more sure of that.

\

Watching him grow up (and Tucker, of course) is proving to be the very best thing I've ever had the opportunity of experiencing. 


Here's to YEAR 5, my little floating head!



No comments: