9.02.2012

The Latest: Jack

Let's get caught up...shall we?

Starting with Jack.
Funny funny Jack.

He literally has us laughing ALL day.
Even the way he says, "hey, that's mine," or "no way" is cause for a chuckle.
I must admit when he told me to "shut it" the other day- it evoked more laughter from me than anything.
Maybe it's because truthfully, to the core, Jack is just a really really nice little boy.
I don't think there's a mean bone in his little body...not yet at least.

Here are a few things Jack as of late...worth remembering and that I hope I never ever forget.

Although Jack is still the pickiest child that ever lived when it comes to food, he loves helping me bake. Cookies and brownies round out the list because somebody's mom likes to eat the dough :).




I could listen to his little voice say, "more chocolate" all day long...it has a hint of British that brings a tear.
...
We went to Boondocks a couple of weeks back with Brett's company for a summer party...and Jack was enamored by the batting cages.  He sat by watching Brett and his friend Ty, and shyly tried to imitate everything they did.
Precious x 2.



...

To say Jack loves his grandparents is an understatement.

We get to see Grandma Jackie most...and believe me...she knows what makes Jack tick.
This summer, "greens" (green snow cones) have definitely made an impression on Jack's picky pallet.

These two really are best pals.

Jack is also amazed by Grandpa Curt and his yard.  They have a dog, rocks, fire rotation every time we go to their house.


Jack also LOVES going to Alpine to see his Jones grandparents.  Somehow I just really stink at taking pictures whenever we're there.  They are so good to play with him and have the IDEAL yard for a 3 year old.  Tramp...playhouse...and lots and lots of grass!

...
Jack has a new-found hobby of lining things up.  Sometimes he prefers to sort things by type...or sometimes he just likes to organize random things into a shape or pattern.

This...would be a random assortment.

Enclosed me in a perfect toy circle.

More random... to be honest, this looks a bit like what he requires to take to bed every night.
He might be a future hoarder.

He likes to stack pillows in color patterns until they're too high to stand...
or when he's not doing that...he's hiding in them.


...

Jack is fast becoming known for his daily clothing choices.
Most days he chooses his outfits head to toe...and he never forgets to accessorize.
For a long time...this was a typical day.
Superhero shirt, cape, belt, shorts, boots.

Other days...he gets much more into character.


I'm an easy recruit...

He also likes to take the clothes right off of my back at bedtime.
This particular night, he was infatuated by the butterfly on my night shirt...so... he wore it to bed.


Other days he sheds the super hero motif and goes for a more dapper look.
Always a belt. Lots of times a tie. NEVER forgets the superhero fist.



We went through an old Halloween costume phase last week where one second Jack was Plex the Robot, and then next he was sporting his 12-18 month puppy costume.


The other day, Jack had been watching the Sandlot after his nap.
Before I knew it...he was in his room for a costume change.

This is what he came up with...
Baseball hat...and WINTER BOOTS.
Obviously.


Luckily, Jack's Batman attire has taken a turn for the better within the past little while.
I finally found a replacement cape for his dingy shredded blue one that he'll actually wear.
A new Batman mask definitely hasn't hurt his ability to channel his alter ego.



The best is when he lifts it up to drink from his sippy cup.



...

Day by day, Jack is getting a little more daring on his scooter.
Luckily, he ALWAYS insists on wearing this amazing helmet when he rides.

...

I was dead set on potty training this past month.
I spend oodles on prizes and all sorts of essentials for the big day.
I even drew charming pictures on his prize boxes...
(It was during the Olympics...can your tell?)

The morning of...I woke up...
and realized NEITHER of us were in the right state of mind.  So, I bailed before he even knew we were supposed to start.  We'll wait until Summer and road trips are really over...and start for good.

This is what I have to say to potty training....

He will sit on his little potty and pretend however...

Maybe I need to get a TV in his bathroom!

...

Jack loves scary movies.
Kid ones of course...don't worry...I don't have him watching The Shining or anything.
The Nightmare Before Christmas has always been one of his favorite movies and he runs around singing "I am Jack...the Pumpkin King" all day long.
For a while he was obsessed with the Paranorman previews...so of course we were there on opening night...

Look at that little face soaking in the scariness.

...

Jack spends plenty o' time with his mama, that's for sure.
He's a sweet boy to me and is super polite...always thanking me when I do something for him (if only that trait could last!).

This is us watching the Steel Days fireworks from Grandma Vona and Grandpa Sherm's deck.
...

We've been to the farm again since I last posted about it, and he still loves riding the horses.

By the second time around, however, he required his cookies to keep things interesting.
No hands on the saddle...too busy snacking.


Jack absolutely loves his cousins.
He genuinely likes all kids.

Max and Jack seem to be seeing more eye to eye as of late, seeing as Jack can now wrestle and fight with the big boys.
...

Jack STILL takes an awesome nap everyday.  
I can count on 2-4 hours from him without question.
Heaven sent.

...

I know I say this about every stage...
But, this may be one of my favorites.

He is so engaged and curious about everything...and his perception of things keeps me utterly entertained.
He's such a good little boy.
Every day brings a new outfit, funny saying, silly request, or random obsession.

And with that...
I leave you with these amazing pics we took during the latest rain storm.


He purposely dressed as Batman the second he saw the wind blowing.
Prime cape blowing conditions.



2 comments:

Annie said...

Jack is 100% unique in every way. He thinks things out in such incredible detail. He is a genius, I'm convinced, and hilarious genius. I could spend hours, and laughing at these pictures. That mask is the best thing I've seen all year.

Annie said...

Holy typo's batman...he is a hilarious genius and I could spend hours laughing at these pictures. You know what I mean.