9.02.2012

The Latest: Brett and Sarah

So...for Brett and I... life carries on as usual.
Busy, but good.

We've been able to stow away from the normal routine on a few occasions as of late...

I hit up the big SLC with my mom and sisters for an afternoon showing of Wicked, shopping at City Creek, romantic dinner, and over-nighter at the Grand America.

I took ONE picture of our rendezvous.. and it is...
Annie and I goofing off a row behind the others.

I guess we all needed a break from picture taking/gramming/blogging for the weekend!

A couple of weeks later, I was able to enjoy another fun night out with some of my favorite girlies 
(holla BUNCO!).
A few of my lady friends and I took the night off up in Park City.
Don't let a "mom" sleepover fool you...
It was an up until 4 am rager! Ha!

Kristen, Me, Brooke, Suzette, Goldie, Kennan

Janelle, Karlin,Goldie, Me, Suzette, Kennan, Brooke, Kristen

...

Brett been traveling more for work lately, but was also able to take a little trip for fun the beginning of August.
He took off for a couple of days to golf in Southern Utah/Mesquite with some friends...definitely a much deserved break for a really hard working guy.
It was a good way to kick off his big 30th birthday, which we also celebrated this last month.

We celebrated with the Jones familia the Saturday before his big day.
We went with Adam, Michelle, Tiffany, and Brett's parents to City Creek for dinner sans the kidlets.

Again, it was a one picture kinda night...

Brett (who wouldn't look my camera in the eye) and Tiffany.
...

Sunday evening, we celebrated with the Wankier family at a little shindig up the canyon.
We ate a picnic, opened presents, ate goodies, and then packed up before we were rained on.

Birthday dad with Tucker.


Grandpa Sherm and Grandma Yvonna (too cute for words).

Grandma Jackie (adorable as ever), and Tucker (adorable as well).

Lucy and Kate with Sherm and Yvonna.

Our two August twenty-something birthday boys.


Tucker was a happy boy...
and Jack was feeling camera shy.




...

On Brett's birthday, I made him a delish breakfast before he headed off to work.
He opened some presents, and was back to the grind.

It was like it was MY birthday, when at 1:00, Brett popped up back home to take the rest of the day off.
Lucky for us, my mom was able and willing to come watch our boys while we headed out to the golf course for Brett to try out his new irons that my parents gave him for his birthday.





We had a lot of fun hanging just the two of us...and continued the fun into the evening when Tiffany stepped up to watch the kids for us while we got some dinner, ditched a movie & instead went for a heavenly drive, and grabbed a snow cone.
I guess that's what you do when you're 30.

I've now celebrated TWELVE birthdays with this boy...and I can honestly say every year he surpasses my expectations.  
Teens, twenties, and now thirties... I'll take him at any age!


He is as good as they come.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I still can't believe we only took one picture on our sisters get-away. If only we took a picture of mom's bra-less bollywood routine. It's about time Brett joined the dirty 30 club. You're the last one left, live it up sis.