11.01.2011

Halloween 2011

(Excuse the interruption in the trip recap...it will be resumed after I officially close the door on Halloween 2011.)
...
A good indicator of the fun we had this Halloween would be the fact that Jack and I literally could not pull ourselves off the couch today!
...
I must have been more busy having fun than taking high quality photos...but, here's my best attempt.
...
Saturday night...us adult folk headed up for the 7th annual Evil Ball at the Red Lion.
This is no regular family party... but utterly entertaining!
..
This is a serious costume party... and everyone stepped it up...again!
Brett and I had hardly any time to come up with a costume... but pretty much hours before the big event...pulled this little gem together:
Left: Glow Stick Figure Brett -- Right: Glow Stick Figure Sarah
...
This was the most entertaining costume I have ever worn.
Mask over my face +
Gut due to baby =
No Insecurities &
Hilarious Dancing
...
We brought home the trophy for Most Original Costume...that's right.
Lesson Learned: Our best costumes are spur of the moment!
...
The rest of the Wankier familia didn't do too shabby either:

(Dan really made an effort on this one....)

...
A few of the other party goers:
(Becky, Larry, Chris, Missie, Shellie (scary!), Jeff, Lindsay, Wyatt
(thanks for the stolen Facebook picture, Chloe!)
...
My mama (sweet Dorothy) and her siblings:...
Edward Scissorhands is the mastermind behind the Evil Ball and winner of best overall costume. ...
A good time was definitely had.
And....I finally got a workout in during this pregnancy with all of my spastic dancing!
...
Monday brought Halloween.
Jack and I started out early going to Lucy, Isabel, and Hank's school for their costume parade.
I think Jack finally got the concept behind all of my efforts in dressing him up! ...
For the past few weeks, Jack has pretty much wanted NOTHING to do with any costumes I have shown him/bought him.
I 100% expected him to refuse wearing a costume, and to be totally unamused by trick-or-treating.
He 150% surprised me!
He LOVED wearing his costume (who knew?) and didn't peel it off until he hit the hay.
So... now I give you...
...
PLEX
Any Yo Gabba Gabba fans out there?
I can promise you...Jack was nowhere near as annoying as the real Plex.
...
After I finished mourning Kim Kardashian's divorce announcement, we went over to Annie's for their annual Halloween bash, where we had yummy soup and got our trick-or-treat on.
....
Hank was already out getting his loot, and Max was feeling under the weather...but, Lucy and Isabel came out to show Jack the ropes.
...
Jack doesn't even like candy... but ringing doorbells and getting stuff put in his bucket was enough to sell him on the whole process!
...
He marched around the neighborhood for a good hour... happy as a clam!
(just had to crop my Pumpkin Head out of this one)
...
Plex and Alice
...
Mad Hatter Lucy, Plex, and Alice
(so freaking adorable)
...
...
Proof that Ninja Hank took a millisecond out of his trick-or treating to come give Jack a kiss and pose for a picture.
...
...
We headed up to Alpine about 8:00 so our little robot could visit his other grandparents, and he was all over some more trick-or-treating.
...
It was by far our most fun Halloween as parents and Jack could not have been more darling.
...
Sometimes I gripe about all of the fuss that comes with Halloween...
but...when it comes down to it...
It was totally worth it!

3 comments:

Robyn Cox said...

I love, love, love your and Brett's costumes for the Evil Ball! You two are brilliant... so cute! Jack looks pretty darn cute himself!

hayleyrowan said...

Jack looks so adorable in his plex costume! That's funny he loved it!

Annie said...

Some highlights of the evil ball for me were riding up to Salt Lake in the fun bus, watching you bust a move...a serious move on the dance floor, and cheering you on to victory in the most creative costume category. It's about damn time someone in our family won! And Jack, where to I begin to comment on his amazingness on Halloween. He needs to keep that outfit in his rotation for the rest of the year.