10.27.2011

San Francisco

This past week, Brett and I were lucky enough to take off for a few days to spend some time in Northern Cali.
///
Once I finally left...it was the best time! Preparing to leave Jack, however, almost killed my emotional little body. But we did it. And he was a happy, content little boy with his wonderful grandparents.
........
We flew in Thursday, and were able to start our weekend with Brett's brother Brandon and his wife DeEtte. They took us to a delicious restaurant in Napa, and then we stayed at their darling place in Vacaville. ...

...

Friday, our vacay-partners had to work, so Brett and I took the day all to ourselves to hit up San Fran. We had the best time...all on our own time.
...
The scoutmaster insisted on going to the John Muir Woods first, which I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about going because I knew we'd be spending the next few days in the Yosemite wilderness. But, I indulged. It was an excellent choice.
Absolutely one of the most gorgeous places I've ever seen.
Me and the belly working it. ah. ... He was totally in his element. Brett had quite a run with this self timer shot.
...
Next, we drove into the city and ate lunch at Cliffhouse, overlooking the ocean on an absolutely gorgeous- perfect day.
... After a delish lunch, we headed to Golden Gate Park. Definitely not your typical park. This place was HUGE...with so many different areas and features. We stopped at the Japanese Tea Gardens, and then decided we were too cheap to pay the big bucks to go into every single venue....so I saluted...
and we were on our way to our next stop! ... ...
...
We drove a short way to the Golden Gate Bridge...and took a lovely little walk to the bridge.
We walked about half of the length of the bridge...and I freaked my freak over how high we were while Brett marveled at the construction.
Staying Classy in San Diego
(you can only imagine the Anchorman references this day)
...
Next, we drove the famous Lombard Street...
hard to get a very accurate picture of this crazy street...
but check out the hydrangeas and fab city.
...
...
Then, we headed to Coit Tower where we saw unreal views of the city.
...
...
As if we hadn't done enough for the day...
We couldn't very well be in San Francisco without hitting up the Pier.
So we dragged our tired bones out to eat plenty of chocolate and ice cream...and to touch base with the Sea Lions.
Stank-y.
...
The two of us + baby were one tired little family.
Picture time at the Pier was not much to brag about.
...
We headed back to Brandon and DeEtte's in the early evening, where we ordered in, and spent the night.
...
It was such a perfect day just hanging with Brett.
We saw so many awesome places, and had the best time together.
Day #1 alone made the whole trip worth it...
But just you wait for the rest...

3 comments:

Lou said...

Wank! I love that you were in San Fran. Looks like you had the bomb time...because it's the bomb place.

A couple comments: #1 Last time I was there, I went on a friendly-get-your-butt-kicked-up-EVERY-hill run down Lombard street through China Town to Coit tower and back. It was the fastest run of my life due to the fear of homeless peeps.
#2- The third pic from the bottom...the tall brown building on the right of TransAmerica is Erika's building! She works on like on the 150th floor. I was giddy when I saw it for some reason.
#3- your preg belly makes me really happy. I love knowing that another little Wank/Brett is in there.
#4- I love your blog posts on each day of your trip! Keep em comin!

Annie said...

I am so proud of you sis..#1 you actually cut the cord with Jack for a couple days. #2 you actually took pictures of you and Brett on vacation. #3 there will be more than one post to recap your trip. What gorgeous pictures. I am so jealous. You and your baby look darling in every picture. Thank you for leaving for a bit so me and Jack could love on each other ALONE for once!

Bianca said...

yep i love the trip breakdowns, too. Looks like so much fun. I don't get why people say it is not fun to look at other people's vacation photos. I really love it, and it gets me in the mood to plan a trip. you look great and i'm glad you went to all those places. love love SF.