11.06.2011

Yosemite

Finally!
I will continue our trip pictures!
The next couple of days of our vacation took place in Yosemite National Park.
We drove just over 3 hours from Brandon and DeEtte's house to a quaint little cabin where we would stay during our time at the park.
Yosemite was about 45 minutes from our condo, so we had our fair share of driving... but, the four of us made quite the combo for some good laughs!
...
My only regret about getting around to this post right now is that so many of the best pictures that we took as a group were taken on Brandon's camera and we haven't yet figured out the best way to share those. So, I'm promising myself that once I get them...I'll do another picture post with some more, non-phone picts (especially since I only have like ONE of the cutest one of our group...DeEtte!).
...
Now, if you thought Oprah and Gayle were convincing on this season during their camping trip to Yosemite...just you wait.
Oprah's got nothing on me.
By the end of this post...you'll be packing your walking stick and booking a flight!
...
I kind of originally planned to go here to humor Brett.
He really gets into this stuff.
However, it was hands down one of the most gorgeous places I had ever been!
Our first views driving into the park were remarkable, and we took about a thousand pictures until we realized the best was only yet to come. ...
Our first day, we didn't get to the park until the afternoon...and we were all a bit loco from the car ride. I think in this pictur we were probably imitating the 20-something park ranger blondes that we had just encountered.

....

Brett was aroused early when these two bucks put on a nice little show for us...

...

I was convinced they were just paid actors.

..

We took a little hike (ok..fine..a walk...but I was breathing hard) to this gorgeous spot, where Brett, Brandon, and DeEtte scurried up the rocks to the waterfall while I (the pregnant invalid) sprawled out on a rock.

We then took a little jaunt across the park to the Awahnee Hotel... a really cool old lodge where the Queen of England (ever heard of her?) and other notable people have stayed.

Brandon and I crashed while Brett and DeEtte stared at each other.

... The sun was then starting to set, and things were getting a bit chilly, so we utilized one last opportunity to soak in a really pretty spot.

There were the most darling houses just behind us... can you imagine looking out your window to this every night?

...

That night we gorged on some pizza and took it easy back at the condo.

...

The next day we started back to the park bright and early- and Brett had high hopes of getting at least one substantial hike in.

...

We drove about an hour through the park to Glacier Point, which was the most gorgeous drive of fall leaves. It lead us to the most impressive lookout point where we got a great view of the valley floor and the entire park.

Half Dome

After relishing in the absolute beauty for a while...and hyperventilating while watching a lady dangle her infant over the edge...

DeEtte and I decided to indulge the boys and told them to go on their much desired hike.

We knew it would be a few hours until they finished...but DeEtte was a great sport and the best company for my pregnant bones.

...

Brett and Brandon hiked down from Glacier point on the Panorama Trail about 8.5 miles, while DeEtte and I drove the car down, munched on chicken fingers, giggled like little girls in the gift shops, and pretended to hike.

...

Here are some of the shots Brett got on their hike.

This one's a doctor + scoutmaster Brett... I knew they'd make it down alive.

From what I hear, they had a wonderful time...even though Brett had a hard time walking for a week. DeEtte and I also had the best time chatting it up in such a gorgeous place. Our highlight of the day was buying these really awesome (most hideous ever made) t-shirts to commemorate the mighty hikers accomplishment. ...

They say..."Hiking. It's What I Do."

Trust me.

These two are hilarious together.

///////

I'm telling you... I've been pretty places... but Yosemite falls pretty close to the top!

I'm so glad I have an overly-zealous nature lover for a husband that gets me to these places that I end up loving.

...

It certainly didn't hurt having such amazing company. I don't think I've laughed that much in a looooong time! Thank you so much to Brandon and DeEtte for all they did to make our trip perfect, and for taking time away from their crazy lives!

...

Thank you to our parents for watching Jack for us, and calming my insane anxieties about leaving him! I think this trip just might have convinced me to do it more!!

3 comments:

annie and jared said...

Sarah,
that trip looks AMAZING, and so do you! I've wanted to go there forever. can we please get together??? I'm so so excited for you and your little soon to be bundle of joy :) text me whenever, because I'm thinking lunch, ok???
P.S. your halloween costume is hands-down the coolest costume I've ever seen!

Annie said...

The scoutmaster and the doctor..that's definitely who I want to be stuck on a mountain with! Is that picture of the bucks really happening outside your room? That is crazy. The pictures are so beautiful. Maybe one day I'll be able to leave Lehi and experience the rest of the world, probably not though.
Yeah right you are going to leave Jack more!! I'll believe it when I see it. I'm so glad you cut the cord for a few days anyway. It looks like you had a fantastic time!

Tana said...

So Fun Sarah! I'm so glad you guys had fun and only wish we could be there with you guys! Next time? :) Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!