9.21.2011

Ups and Downs

To say that the past 2 weeks has been a rollercoaster would be the understatement of the year.

.....

.....

...

Shortly after losing my sweet grandma, I got myself a new nephew.
Meet Sam:
...
Annie and Randy did a good job, let me tell you.
This little gem came at just the perfect time when we needed him most.
I want to steal him. Really.
He is perfection.

....

.....

.....

Just a few days after my grandma's funeral, and Sam's birth, we received news that our sweet neice Ella had passed away.
(See my previous post on Ella here).
Ella was never expected to make it past a few weeks old, and she defied all odds and nearly made it to her 2nd birthday. Brett and I quickly jumped a plane to North Carolina to be with Tiffany and her sweet family. This family has already been through so much, and the date of the funeral marked the 3 year anniversary of their little baby boy Carson's passing. I suppose the main comfort in the whole thing is knowing that this brother and sister are together.
If you can spare a prayer, or good thought for this family... please send it their way.
.....
May you rest, peacefully, Sweet Ella. We love you.
.........

.....

.....
In the midst of such sadness and heartache, I've never been so thankful to have Jack. He keeps us laughing, and reminds me of how good life really is.
.....
.....
.....
...
And... some more good news I will finally share with the blogging world:
.....
Coming March 2012! .....

8 comments:

maggie said...

Sar, you weren't kidding about an emotional roller coaster! wow. Condolences and congratulations!

mags

Crystal said...

You totally have had a rough few weeks. I'm so sorry.

I am so excited for your new little one. Jack will be a great big brother.

hayleyrowan said...

I hope their family is doing ok. That must be so difficult. Ella seemed like such a sweetheart.

Lou said...

we need to talk.

Robyn Cox said...

So happy to hear your news! Congratulations! It is time to add to your cute family!

Annie said...

Oh little baby! I can already see his/her cheeks forming and I can't wait. The past month has been out of control but I know one thing for sure, our amazing family can handle anything. I think I really would've had a nervous breakdown for sure without you. These new little lives are such a blessing. Jack is going to have lots of experience being around a newborn before his new sibling arrives. I love you sis!

Bianca said...

your families have been through the ringer. we are so excited for the babe. just can't wait. how do you feel? can we hang out again? ok

melimba said...

oh my word, girl! what a crazy time for you!! and hello, you're pregnant too?! woweeee! (don't know if i've ever written that word before. you're welcome.)
congratulations!!
hope you're feeling ok these days!